Best Places To Shop In NYC?

nessahhh

artist / fashionista
Jun 4, 2008
So I'm going to NYC next Wednesday (first time :biggrin:) and was wondering where the best places to shop were?

I'm definitely hitting up Century 21 and all the department stores (Barneys, Bergdorf etc) but does anyone else know where the good sales are at?

Or any awesome consignment stores? It just places that are moderately priced? The best TJMaxx/Marshalls?

Thanksssss!

You could try Daffy's, Filene's Basement (not sure if they're going out of business-but the one by me in Long Island is), and Loehmanns. Not sure of the exact locations, but there are several. The Daffy's I go to is not too far from Penn Station.

The Barney's Warehouse sale is going on through March 1. It's on 17th Street between 7th & 8th. I'd check it out because they usually mark stuff down to a lower price before the end of the sale.

there is a young designer's market in nolita. i forget exactly where, but it's always in the same location. if you google, i'm sure it'll come up. make sure to walk around nolita and the lower east side. there are a ton of great boutiques and they're all having fantastic sales right now. you'll find a lot of young and local designers. basically stuff you won't be able to buy anywhere else. if you have time, venture out to brooklyn particularly williamsburg. there's many vintage stores and indie boutiques there too. my favorite is bird.

the east village has a few consignment stores. i like tokio7 on 7th between first and second avenues. you can get past and current season designers for a great price. there's always something new. they have a decent bag selection. i've seen a few mj's, miu miu's, and bal's. funkylala is in that area on 9th between first and avenue a. they carry rm, botkier, foley + corinna. they're having a great sale right now.

thanks alot guys!

I will definitely be hitting up the barneys warehouse sale and down to that young designers market! Sounds fun!

Hopefully I have enough time to do everything =)