Best place to sell your brand name jewelries

GPR

Jun 30, 2015
Hello everyone!

I am planning to sell my Chopard happy diamond collection. I am wondering if anyone can advice me on which company/website I should send my items to. For example, for clothing, I usually send it to the RealReal or sell it myself though Poshmark. Although I do understand that I would get nothing near what I paid for the jewelries, I'd still like to get highest value possible for them. For example, I'd like to get somewhere near $2500 for a ring that I've paid $8500 for (Chopard). Is this a reasonable expectation, or am I way off? I'd be very sad if they are worth $500 or something. Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone!

I am planning to sell my Chopard happy diamond collection. I am wondering if anyone can advice me on which company/website I should send my items to.
I've never had a piece from Chopard, but there is a section for them under Yoogi's Closet. I have had a good experience selling handbags through Yoogi's. They are prompt with turning around their offers, and their payouts are quick once the sales are complete.

Hello everyone!

I am planning to sell my Chopard happy diamond collection. I am wondering if anyone can advice me on which company/website I should send my items to. For example, for clothing, I usually send it to the RealReal or sell it myself though Poshmark. Although I do understand that I would get nothing near what I paid for the jewelries, I'd still like to get highest value possible for them. For example, I'd like to get somewhere near $2500 for a ring that I've paid $8500 for (Chopard). Is this a reasonable expectation, or am I way off? I'd be very sad if they are worth $500 or something. Thanks in advance!

As a rule of thumb, a dealer will offer you no more than 50% of the price they will sell your item for. What you paid initially is not that important in determining the value of your item today. :sad:So you must do your due diligence for an idea of today’s market price for your items, then divide by 2 to get a realistic price for you as a seller.
To get as much as possible for your items, selling by consigment, at auction, or as a trade-in from your original jeweller is best.
Good luck in getting top $ for your collection!

Should you choose to use a consignment shop, make certain you’re familar with them and come to a price before before you turn it over to them. Not anywhere near fine jewelry of course, but I took a dozen nice leather belts - some unworn - to a local consignment shop & she sold those belts from 25 to 80 cents. I was flabbergasted.

If you want to recover the most value eBay is good even with all the various charges it is far better than consignment or reseller. Poshmark takes ”only” 20% and covers the shipping. Not bad but I have not personally had any experience listing with them. I have a heavy 18k Tiffany cuff bracelet I want to sell and would also be inteested in any good suggestions.

I second eBay, even with fees it leaves you with more money for yourself than any other site I know of. Resale sites like Vestiaire Colllective take a big cut so perhaps consider as a last resort.