Best place to sell pilot bag?

kcoach

Jul 23, 2013
NC
I'm planning to sell my Preston pilot bag in Graphite, but I'm not sure where the best place to sell is. I usually sell my bags through an online bulletin board at my workplace, but for this one, I think I should try a more "formal" sale. Thoughts or suggestions? Thank you!

unfurling

O.G.
Oct 26, 2008
Probably simply eBay or Bonanza - in my experience, unless the pilot bag never made it to the boutiques, it doesn't make much of a difference to buyers.

kcoach

Jul 23, 2013
NC
Probably simply eBay or Bonanza - in my experience, unless the pilot bag never made it to the boutiques, it doesn't make much of a difference to buyers.
Yeah, it's just hard to price it, as there are none on ebay right now. Thanks though!!

Suzanne B.

Oct 12, 2012
Buyers are concerned with condition and price - nothing more. Pilot, limited editions etc make no difference unless it's rare.
I think the Preston only came in graphite in the pilot version. That would make graphite a kind of rare and possibly/probably sought after color. No used ones have been on eBay and only 2 new ones.

I wish the bag wasn't too large because I love the graphite.

tannedsilk

O.G.
May 21, 2008
By The Ocean
I think the Preston only came in graphite in the pilot version. That would make graphite a kind of rare and possibly/probably sought after color. No used ones have been on eBay and only 2 new ones.

I wish the bag wasn't too large because I love the graphite.
That is true, I was speaking in general terms. Unless someone is specifically looking for that color, it won't make a difference.

kcoach

Jul 23, 2013
NC
Totally agree - I didn't mean to imply pilot bags were worth more - just that they are more rare and it's hard to know what demand is for them. I'll keep an eye on ebay and try to figure out how to price it. Thanks all!

tannedsilk

O.G.
May 21, 2008
By The Ocean
Totally agree - I didn't mean to imply pilot bags were worth more - just that they are more rare and it's hard to know what demand is for them. I'll keep an eye on ebay and try to figure out how to price it. Thanks all!
I didn't think you were, you should list it at a price that you are willing to let it go for and take it from there,