Best place to sell a D&B Purse

shopkins725

Apr 22, 2014
I have a brand new w/ tags Dooney & Bourke Bubblegum Pink Multi Signature Bucket Handbag. It has been sitting in my closet for a while as you can imagine, and I would like to sell it. I hate all of the ebay and paypal fees, so i'm wondering where D&B lovers go to look for new, or old :P items. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ladies, be careful. That is still giving away personal information to just names on the screen. After the damage is done, little fee might seem worth it.

I have taken several Dooneys to my local consignment shop. Yes you get a percentage, not the full amount, but it was worth it not to have to deal with the Ebay.

I have tried consignment shops, Craig's List, swapping with friends and eBay. While I had a very nasty buyer on eBay, who wanted her money back because my handbag was listed as pre-owned and it looked brand new. Thus, according to her, I sold her a FAKE bag. I had the original receipt from QVC, but she thought she was the big expert. In international sales, if someone claims your item is fake, either eBay or PayPal (by law), can destroy your item...can't remember which one.

As much as I disliked the negative experience, I did find the handbags I sold via eBay sold for the most money. In my area, all the consignment shops take such a big chunk (25%-33%), the eBay and PayPal fees seem pretty reasonable. Often, your items "get lost" or if usold end up dirty and beat up. A consignment shop in my area "lost" three dresses NWT, which cost me $450.00. Craig's List customers want to pay $30.00 for a NWT bag.

For me, listing for shorter periods of time such as 5 days works best on eBay. Good Luck!

I have a brand new w/ tags Dooney & Bourke Bubblegum Pink Multi Signature Bucket Handbag. It has been sitting in my closet for a while as you can imagine, and I would like to sell it. I hate all of the ebay and paypal fees, so i'm wondering where D&B lovers go to look for new, or old :P items. Thanks!

Not sure of you are aware but DB has a buy back trade in program. They will give you half of what your purse retailed for towards a new purse of equal to lesser value. So if you have a 300 bag they will offer 150 credit towards a new purse of 150 and higher and you pay the difference. You have to spend what they offer to make it work but I did it and got my DB retro drawstring and it's pretty awesome. Maybe worth a try. :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

You can try etsy.com. I've seen a lot of vintage Dooneys there, but I'm sure there are new ones too.
Be careful on Etsy, your vintage items must be at least 20 years or older. Not sure how old the bag in question is but they'll pull it off if it's not truly what they consider vintage.