Best place to find a “clean” diamond?

Blugirlatheart

Sep 13, 2018
Hi guys - I want a luxury engagement ring (don’t we all) but it’s really important to me that I know for sure that it isn’t a blood diamond/comes from a reputable place. Any ideas of where I should shop? My BF and I are shopping this weekend!

Brilliant Earth. I go so far as preferring lab created diamonds over mined. Blue Nile is another option but only does mined diamonds. Both have very strict supply chains and can trace your stone from the ground to the table in front of you.

Brilliant Earth. I go so far as preferring lab created diamonds over mined. Blue Nile is another option but only does mined diamonds. Both have very strict supply chains and can trace your stone from the ground to the table in front of you.
Thank you! But I really have my heart set on a ring from Cartier, Van Cleef, Tiffany’s, or Harry Winston. Do you know if any of them have Good diamonds?

If by “clean” you mean “not a blood diamond” all of those utilize Kimberley Process diamonds.

If you also mean “free of human rights abuses” Cartier has a strong social responsibility component to their supply chain policies and has been campaigning against human labor abuses since before it became a “thing”. I don’t know about the others and whether it’s lip service or the real deal.

Tiffany is clean. You can read all about it on their website. I would go with Tiffany... they are very ethical in all sourcing and also donate to support many non-profits.