Best place to buy Lanvin flats???

jj69

O.G.
Aug 24, 2006
Okay, I went crazy trying to catch a pair of Lanvin flats on sale several months ago. Unfortunately, I was always a day late for all the big department store sales. I’m either a 39.5 or a 40 (depending on whose sizing advice I take), and those are apparently popular sizes. Eventually, I just became frustrated and gave up, but now I’m willing to give it another shot.

Ideally, I’d like to get a pair of the classic leather ballet flats in Black – the original version without the hidden wedge. I realize Black is a popular color that may be hard to get on sale, so I am flexible on the color, especially if the price is right. However, I don’t want patent, two-tone, maryjanes, or the ugly new “perforated” version.

Is anyone aware of any sales going on now or in the near future? I was also thinking that it might be wise for those of us in the US to buy from a UK retailer right now. The value of the GBP has dropped. Also, we shouldn’t have to pay the 17.5% VAT tax that is included in most UK prices. It’s like getting a 17.5% discount right off the top.

Does anyone know any good UK retailers? I noticed that Matches has them, but only in yellow patent.

Thanks in advance,
Jodi

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep an eye on Barneys too :nuts:
I got mine at 40% off so it was good buys
Okay, I went crazy trying to catch a pair of Lanvin flats on sale several months ago. Unfortunately, I was always a day late for all the big department store sales. I’m either a 39.5 or a 40 (depending on whose sizing advice I take), and those are apparently popular sizes. Eventually, I just became frustrated and gave up, but now I’m willing to give it another shot.

Ideally, I’d like to get a pair of the classic leather ballet flats in Black – the original version without the hidden wedge. I realize Black is a popular color that may be hard to get on sale, so I am flexible on the color, especially if the price is right. However, I don’t want patent, two-tone, maryjanes, or the ugly new “perforated” version.

Is anyone aware of any sales going on now or in the near future? I was also thinking that it might be wise for those of us in the US to buy from a UK retailer right now. The value of the GBP has dropped. Also, we shouldn’t have to pay the 17.5% VAT tax that is included in most UK prices. It’s like getting a 17.5% discount right off the top.

Does anyone know any good UK retailers? I noticed that Matches has them, but only in yellow patent.

Thanks in advance,
Jodi

Keep your eyes on Barneys. Especially during the later sales season, they will have Lanvin shoes marked 60% off. And you need to call the stores to check if they have your size even though their crappy website appear to have all sizes available.

check the deals & steals and this section. i have seen quite a few lanvins go on sale for 40-60% off the last couple of months. sometimes from smaller boutiques.

i am just about the same size and looking for the same thing, well not black because i have them in patent. i too missed the sales. i can tell you that barneys outlet in woodbury had the coolest pair on sale last weekend- they're a bright navy blue with a big huge jewel on the front. they were 330 from 800something. they had 39.5 and 40. i totally wanted them but 330 was still a little steep for me. i think someone has them on ebay. i'll try and find a pic. but you can always call and ask if they still have them.

are the matches ones on sale? i'm looking for them in yellow or green.

i know your pain, LOL. i desperately want Lanvin flat boots, but barney's doesn't have my size or a size close to mine.

Anyhow, I would try searching all the major deparment stores like Saksfifthavenue and NeimanMarcus. The websites probably don't have them, so you should either look in the actual store or call up and ask if they can find the flats for you.

JJ69, because I am in Sydney, I had to ring the actual store since the website does not ship overseas..

My first attempt was the NY store but the SA was so rude and she didn't want to help me out so I decided to ring another store and found this great SA who helped me out! :biggrin:
PM me if you want his details :nuts:
40% off would be great, Aki. Did you see them in-store, or on their web site?

Bump because I am in *love* with the Lanvin ballet flats but not the steep price tag. ISO black patent or gold or plain black, but will consider any and all colors. I need a 7.5. Has anyone seen them on sale anywhere? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: