Best Place to Buy in Niagara/Toronto?

*k.a.t.e*

O.G.
Jan 4, 2008
Hi everyone!

I'm from the UK but I'll be flying to Toronto in 4 weeks and staying with family in Niagara for a short while, I've never purchased a Coach bag before (they're double the price here!) but I'd like to get a borough bag while I'm over there.

My question is - where am I likely to find the best selection to choose from? I'll be going to Toronto and also over the border to Buffalo so any suggestions would be greatly welcome.

Also, I understand there are a few outlets in the Niagara area? Which one is the best to visit?

Thanks! :smile:

Hi everyone!

I'm from the UK but I'll be flying to Toronto in 4 weeks and staying with family in Niagara for a short while, I've never purchased a Coach bag before (they're double the price here!) but I'd like to get a borough bag while I'm over there.

My question is - where am I likely to find the best selection to choose from? I'll be going to Toronto and also over the border to Buffalo so any suggestions would be greatly welcome.

Also, I understand there are a few outlets in the Niagara area? Which one is the best to visit?

Canada One Niagara Falls is my personal preference, ask a relative to call the store and add your name to the client track list for that particular purse and they will call you once they receive a shipment. The phone number is 905/353-9782.

Other Coach Outlets nearby are Niagara Falls Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls, NY and Outlet Collection At Niagara, St. Catherine's, ON.

I must also add that I love love love London, I go every summer, just returned 3 weeks ago and can't wait to go back.

Hi everyone!

check out the bay while you're here. Last I checked their website, they are having a sale on them. Exact same item on coach.com aren't on sale atm.

I am on the other side of the border here in Buffalo. :smile: Usually the delete selection at the Niagara Falls, NY (Fashion) outlet is pretty good. I recommend coming when they open on a weekday if you can. I have always found the associates helpful. They often have more in the back, so if you see something and want a different color, just ask or call ahead. It is usually pretty busy as it is a favorite of Canadian shoppers coming over. They also have a Men's outlet next door. I'd plan ahead of how to pay since I have been in line many times with Canadian shoppers who didn't inform their credit card company and the transaction wouldn't go through.

-There is a full price Coach store at the Walden Galleria (area's biggest mall). Nothing huge, but I have always had good service (though I am usually a outlet/online shopper).
-The Macy's at the Galleria also has a decent Coach counter. Sometimes there are a lot of sale items on the racks next to the counter, sometimes not. There are Coach counters at some of the other smaller malls' Macy's, too.
-The Lord & Taylor store at the Galleria has a Coach counter and some sale items. I have bought there, but only usually during their Friends & Family sale when Coach isn't excluded.

I am on the other side of the border here in Buffalo. :smile: Usually the delete selection at the Niagara Falls, NY (Fashion) outlet is pretty good. I recommend coming when they open on a weekday if you can. I have always found the associates helpful. They often have more in the back, so if you see something and want a different color, just ask or call ahead. It is usually pretty busy as it is a favorite of Canadian shoppers coming over. They also have a Men's outlet next door. I'd plan ahead of how to pay since I have been in line many times with Canadian shoppers who didn't inform their credit card company and the transaction wouldn't go through.

-There is a full price Coach store at the Walden Galleria (area's biggest mall). Nothing huge, but I have always had good service (though I am usually a outlet/online shopper).
-The Macy's at the Galleria also has a decent Coach counter. Sometimes there are a lot of sale items on the racks next to the counter, sometimes not. There are Coach counters at some of the other smaller malls' Macy's, too.
-The Lord & Taylor store at the Galleria has a Coach counter and some sale items. I have bought there, but only usually during their Friends & Family sale when Coach isn't excluded.

Thanks! That's really helpful. Is the outlet you mentioned the different to the Canada One Niagara Falls that coachclst mentioned?

I've never heard of so many outlets in one place! I can't wait to get shopping, this is my first time in North America and there's so many brands that are much cheaper in Canada/the US and with outlet prices on top, I can see I'll be coming home with a much fuller suitcase!

Thanks! That's really helpful. Is the outlet you mentioned the different to the Canada One Niagara Falls that coachclst mentioned?

I've never heard of so many outlets in one place! I can't wait to get shopping, this is my first time in North America and there's so many brands that are much cheaper in Canada/the US and with outlet prices on top, I can see I'll be coming home with a much fuller suitcase!
I was at US outlet and a lady from Toronto was there. Said prices in Toronto were way to expensive. She was shoppin away. Said she loved these prices. Saw her in Aldo and she did very well.

Do yourself a huge favour and don't bring too many clothes. You can wear what you buy and then you don't have to declare the amount when you return to the UK - as, techincally, they will be used.

Girl, you gonna so much enjoy shopping!!!
I have just moved to UK from US and the prices here are incredible, essentially double on Coach and other things too.
You should definitelly hit up Coach outlet and other outlets, look at the outlet mall directory and prepare plan before hand because the malls are very big.

I don't think anyone has mentioned taxes yet. Just be aware that most of your purchases in Canada will be taxed at 13%. It is much less in NY (sorry, it's been a long time since I visited NY so I don't know the %). Also FYI, when you cross the border back into Canada, you're supposed to declare your total $ purchases (you're allowed a certain amount based on how much time you spent in the US). As long as you don't fill the whole back seat of your vehicle, you should be ok ;)

Happy Shopping and enjoy your visit to Canada! :smile:

Yes, Canada One is CA side and Fashion Outlets is NY and they different. Prices are better, hence lots of Canadian traffic. Sales tax is is around 8.5-8.75%. Buffalo (where I live) is in a different county than the outlet which might be slightly different but not off by much :smile: