Best place to buy first LV?!

ncevans07

O.G.
Sep 9, 2009
I'm getting ready to buy my first LV bag and am wondering where the best place to buy is. The closest LV is the one at Tyson's Corner in Virginia which is an hour away. I've also read Nordstrom's in Chicago has an LV store. Can you make a phone order and have it shipped? Is Nordstrom's return policy the same for LV purchases? And suggestions would be appreciated :smile:

I'm getting ready to buy my first LV bag and am wondering where the best place to buy is. The closest LV is the one at Tyson's Corner in Virginia which is an hour away. I've also read Nordstrom's in Chicago has an LV store. Can you make a phone order and have it shipped? Is Nordstrom's return policy the same for LV purchases? And suggestions would be appreciated :smile:

To do a phone order, I believe you have to have a buying history w/LV. Secondly, LV has it's own return policy which is seperate from Nordstrom's policy.

I also suggest an LV store for your first purchase. You want it to be special! I mostly buy pre-loved now, but there is just something about the in-store experience. My first and second purchases were at an LV STORE. I will never forget it!

For your first purchase I recommend going to the LV store. Your first experience should be special!
I would go to the LV store. Hopefully you first experience is wonderful and the SAs are kind and helpful. Sometimes this is not the case, so if it happens don't let it spoil your shopping experience! Be sure to ask for a box because sometimes they don't give them out unless you ask. Have fun!

I would go to the LV store. Hopefully you first experience is wonderful and the SAs are kind and helpful. Sometimes this is not the case, so if it happens don't let it spoil your shopping experience! Be sure to ask for a box because sometimes they don't give them out unless you ask. Have fun!

If I were to buy online d they automatically give you a box? I may just order it.... I don't know when I'll have time to drive an hour to get it :sad: And I don't want to wait;)

If you buy online you should get a box automatically, but I am not 100% sure. Go to the store this weekend ? and buy your first LV in person. You might not have to pay Tax if your "State" does not have LV store. They will ship the bag to you after it pick it at the store and charge no Tax if you live in a state with no LV store.

I also suggest an LV store for your first purchase. You want it to be special! I mostly buy pre-loved now, but there is just something about the in-store experience. My first and second purchases were at an LV STORE. I will never forget it!

Agreed! It's an awesome experience :biggrin:....make sure you go to the actual LV store and not a boutique inside of the department stores. In the store, you'lll most likely get the box, catalog, receipt in the envelop and etc... From what I've experienced, the small boutiques don't always give you a box, catalog and the little small fixings which to me makes the experience luxury.

Btw, what are you looking to purchase? I'm from the DMV area and I ♥LVoe♥ Tyson's II. I really hope you decide to make the trip because it's soooo worth it. Also, there's a Chanel there too :graucho:..

Please keep us posted on your purchase.

Hello everyone!
I'm a teenage guy right here and my mom recently bought me a gucci wallet but my dilemma right now is that I want a LV. I'm thinking of buying billfold wallet, a key pouch in monogram or a round coin purse in monogram because I'm fond of keeping loose coins.

Thanks for your replies in advance!!

Hello everyone!
I'm a teenage guy right here and my mom recently bought me a gucci wallet but my dilemma right now is that I want a LV. I'm thinking of buying billfold wallet, a key pouch in monogram or a round coin purse in monogram because I'm fond of keeping loose coins.

Thanks for your replies in advance!!

I'm old enough to be your gran but I have a few comments:

Where are you - can you go to an LV store to look at what's available?

There are a lot of guys (including teen guys) on here with amazing LV collections, if you can do a search and see what they have and ask what they like.

If you get the key pouch be aware most keys don't fit over the ring, I had to buy a 50 cent ring to put my keys on and attach that to the one in the pouch, which I wouldn't have bought if I had known that.

If you didn't use it yet will your mom take back the wallet so you can get what you want?

The coin purse might be a good choice if you have to keep the gucci wallet - I'm always sewing up my husband's pants pockets because the coins break through.