Best place to buy Celine in Chicago?

lilac28

O.G.
Aug 21, 2008
Does anyone know the best store in Chicago (i.e. Barneys vs Neiman Marcus vs. Saks) to purchase a Celine mini luggage? Do you think selection vary from store to store? I'm interested in the red, camel or wine colours.

The only places that I know that sell Celine in Chicago are Nordstroms on Michigan Ave and Barney's. Unfortunately, the Mich. Ave. Neimans doesn't carry Celine (but they can have it transferred in if you know what you want and your SA can locate it).

Unfortunately, there's never a very good selection at either store. The bags usually sell out rather quickly. It's best to form a relationship with a SA and put your name on the waiting list for bags you want (you can also ask them to call you when they get new shipments).

I've only seen one luggage bag on display at Nordstroms - a burgundy shoulder luggage over the summer, and one at Barney's (which I ended up buying!). I've never even seen a Phantom on display and the only Classic Box bags I've seen are the large ones in black. Barneys usually has a bunch of cabas bags and several SLGs. Then they have some random styles - nothing that's really popular or at the top of wish lists. Nordstroms selection is even more sparse. A few shoulder bags and satchels - if you live in Chicago and are interested in Celine, especially the Mini Luggage, I highly recommend getting your name on a SA's phone list

p.s. if you know for sure what color you want, try calling Tara at Neimans to see if she can locate one for you and have it transferred in. Her number is 312/642-5900, ext. 2113 (tell her Jackie referred you) Of all the SAs I've worked with, she's my favorite and will try her hardest to locate what you want! To be honest, the SAs at Barney's and Nordstroms aren't the most reliable when it comes to calling - in fact, I've just about given up on Nordstroms

Thx iluvmybags, really appreciated the feedback and advice. I'm only visiting Chicago for a few days and got it in my head that these Michigan Ave stores would have a decent selection:shucks:. I'll take a look at Nordstroms and Barneys anyways..

It's worth checking both locations. I was in the Nordstrom MI Ave store when they received a shipment - they had cobalt blue suede, orange, black croc embossed, and black small phantoms, a multi colored trapeze and a black mini just a few weeks ago before the holidays. And I've been in Barneys when they had several small luggage and a medium in the last few months. So I agree with iluvmybags in the sense that for consistency, developing a relationship with a SA is the best way to go - but wouldn't discount stumbling upon something fantastic -- if there have been recent shipments :smile: I also bought a mini luggage at the NM on MI Ave - it was a return and they had it on the floor. So you just never know :smile:

It's worth checking both locations. I was in the Nordstrom MI Ave store when they received a shipment - they had cobalt blue suede, orange, black croc embossed, and black small phantoms, a multi colored trapeze and a black mini just a few weeks ago before the holidays. And I've been in Barneys when they had several small luggage and a medium in the last few months. So I agree with iluvmybags in the sense that for consistency, developing a relationship with a SA is the best way to go - but wouldn't discount stumbling upon something fantastic -- if there have been recent shipments :smile: I also bought a mini luggage at the NM on MI Ave - it was a return and they had it on the floor. So you just never know :smile:
oh I agree -- it happened to me as well (found a smooth camel that had just been returned) --it's definitely worth checking out both store as you never know what you might find. I just meant that for the most part, their inventory isn't all that great (that's not to say that they don't have something popular every now and then!)

I haven't been to Nordstroms lately, but Barneys has had a much wider selection of bags to choose from -- last time I was there, they had several mini luggage and phantom bags and lots of Small Leather Goods and accessories

I still wish our Neimans or Saks carried Celine -- maybe someday!

FYI, I purchased my croc phantom from Michigan ave Nordstrom about 3 weeks or so ago and according to my SA, they're all sold out through the company and no minis available either. :sad:.

Hmm, that can't right - there are a couple of posts from this weekend in the Intel thread showing Mini Luggage bags from Nordstroms. Unless they ordered a very small quantity, I can't believe they're sold out company wide (altho I do believe the Croc Phantom is sold out - that was a pretty popular style)

Neiman Marcus on Michigan ave is going to start carrying Celine, I believe starting in 2013! If I remember correctly, she said it would be one of their "mini boutiques" within the store! As soon as I get more info from my SA, I'll pass it along!

Neiman Marcus on Michigan ave is going to start carrying Celine, I believe starting in 2013! If I remember correctly, she said it would be one of their "mini boutiques" within the store! As soon as I get more info from my SA, I'll pass it along!

I heard that too! The shop-in-shops thus far look really nice. They had 2 or 3 Celine's shipped to the MI Ave store in the last few weeks. There was a tri-color out... last week? Or a week from this last Friday was when I was in there. Barneys still has the lock on the market out here - they had a huge amount of stock the last time I was in there. Nordstrom only had a handful of pieces.

I heard that too! The shop-in-shops thus far look really nice. They had 2 or 3 Celine's shipped to the MI Ave store in the last few weeks. There was a tri-color out... last week? Or a week from this last Friday was when I was in there. Barneys still has the lock on the market out here - they had a huge amount of stock the last time I was in there. Nordstrom only had a handful of pieces.

Yup, they had three Celine bags last week when I was there - a Hibiscus Trio, a Blush Box and a Terrecotta Mini. Altho, she told me that they were customer returns, and they weren't out on the floor (at least then they weren't), they were in the back room, but she pulled them out for me to see. Maybe since then, they decided to put them out.

The Prada "boutique" looked great when I was there & the Chanel boutique is in the same place - she said by next year, almost 75% of the first floor will be dedicated to handbags and these mini boutiques! She also said that by doing these "mini boutiques" that they can carry more stock. It's pretty exciting and I can't wait to see it! If they get as much Celine stock as they do Prada, they'll blow Barney's out of the water!