Best Paying Method for a new Reseller of Hermes

^SeDuCTive^

Feb 5, 2010
Dear TPFrs ,

Its my first thread and my first Hermes Hunt.
I went through few IG Hermes bags Resellers and i found an interesting one that has my dream Kelly Bag.

The Seller seems to be new & due to his language barrier, we are not able to sharply clarify things.

She asked me to transfer the full payment through Western Union then she offered me an MTCE or something like this as her bank is in China.

I am so loving the bag and she swears that all her stock is Authentic but she is not holding all the stock in her hand but the bag in available.

Now, since its my first experience am not feeling safe transferring that huge amount,

Plz advise for the oayment methods possible & how at least i can save my right if the bag came Fake or used ?

Looking forward for some inputs!

Thanks

I wouldn't go thru with the transaction if I were you..being that it's a new seller, language barrier, and western union, and on top of all that, the bag is not currently in the seller's hands(were you able to even have all the pics authenticated??).

Have a little patience, do your research, and find a reputable seller. That's my best advice for you instead of another payment suggestion. GL!

I wouldn't go thru with the transaction if I were you..being that it's a new seller, language barrier, and western union, and on top of all that, the bag is not currently in the seller's hands(were you able to even have all the pics authenticated??).

Have a little patience, do your research, and find a reputable seller. That's my best advice for you instead of another payment suggestion. GL!

I completely agree.
1. New seller.
2. Language barrier
3. Western Union
4. Seller doesn't have the bag

These are all valid points that minismurf's made and ones which should be heeded.
And, get the pictures of the bag authenticated either by a paid for service or here because you'll be heartbroken if after all this it is a replica :flowers:

Dear TPFrs ,

I went through few IG Hermes bags Resellers and i found an interesting one that has my dream Kelly Bag.

The Seller seems to be new & due to his language barrier, we are not able to sharply clarify things.

She asked me to transfer the full payment through Western Union then she offered me an MTCE or something like this as her bank is in China.

I am so loving the bag and she swears that all her stock is Authentic but she is not holding all the stock in her hand but the bag in available.

Now, since its my first experience am not feeling safe transferring that huge amount,

Plz advise for the oayment methods possible & how at least i can save my right if the bag came Fake or used ?

Thanks
It might be a scam. Similar with those requesting wire transfer etc.

Her photos are stolen. The photos with the white tag hanging on bag are from some seller in china sells fake he authentic mix. And other photos are belong to other sellers in Asia.

Dear TPFrs ,

Thanks

I wont b tempted at all
I rather safe guard my hard earned $$$

I would not continue with this transaction if I were you. If your gut feeling is already uncomfortable with the whole thing, Listen to it please. Better safe than sorry.
Your dream Kelly is out there I'm sure. Just be patient. :smile:
Good luck on your search and Happy New Year 2014!

Dear TPFrs ,

Thanks

I asked the seller about one of her bags too (assuming you are asking about the same seller as you asked about in the other thread.) What I didn't get was why she couldn't get additional photos for me, even if the bag is with her client. Then afterward, I did see the same photo with another IG seller, so I didn't continue. By the way, she told me she would only take WU at first, but when I told her no she agreed to PP. So if you absolutely must get the bag, ask her for PP.

The one thing that everyone says when buying a luxury item is to know your seller. Everything else is irrelevant. Your dream bag might become your worst nightmare when you are out thousands of dollars with no recourse to get it back. I would never buy an item this expensive with Western Union unless I know without a shadow of a doubt that the seller is 100% legit.

Be patient, research sellers and bags and your perfect bag will come again. Everything about the above sounds fishy. It's worth the extra time and patience to get your perfect bag from a trustworthy person who you feel comfortable with. The last thing you want is to save this long and this hard only to be burned in the end.

There are only very few IG resellers that I trust. Those are the ones who have a physical presence (like a home-based showroom) in my city, or who have been vouched for personally by serious collectors I know.

I asked the seller about one of her bags too (assuming you are asking about the same seller as you asked about in the other thread.) What I didn't get was why she couldn't get additional photos for me, even if the bag is with her client. Then afterward, I did see the same photo with another IG seller, so I didn't continue. By the way, she told me she would only take WU at first, but when I told her no she agreed to PP. So if you absolutely must get the bag, ask her for PP.

The one thing that everyone says when buying a luxury item is to know your seller. Everything else is irrelevant. Your dream bag might become your worst nightmare when you are out thousands of dollars with no recourse to get it back. I would never buy an item this expensive with Western Union unless I know without a shadow of a doubt that the seller is 100% legit.

Be patient, research sellers and bags and your perfect bag will come again. Everything about the above sounds fishy. It's worth the extra time and patience to get your perfect bag from a trustworthy person who you feel comfortable with. The last thing you want is to save this long and this hard only to be burned in the end.

There are only very few IG resellers that I trust. Those are the ones who have a physical presence (like a home-based showroom) in my city, or who have been vouched for personally by serious collectors I know.

Absolutely way too risky! Nothing about this sounds safe. Jmo.

You could hardly come up with a worse list of seller circumstances. Common sense should rule this out.

Thank you ladies for the advice.
Actually, the reason why i felt weak although i had a lot of doubts & fears is that my Local Hermes store doesn't carry Kelly 28 cm. Its so wired but thats the truth regarding some of the middle east boutique where they almost assured me that all the small Hermes hand bag productions is directed toward Asia.
I felt kinda disappointed so if anyone can advice how to order even if i wait a longer time. i love the bag despite the long waiting time.

Thank you for the great support ladies.

There are many reputable resellers with a good track record in this community. (Check out this thread if you haven't already :smile: Suggest that you direct your search towards their stores instead. I definitely understand your frustration but it's better to wait for your ideal bag from a reputable reseller than to take your chances with a dodgy one. All the best dear.