Best over-the-counter teeth whitener?

Twinklette

Over*the*Rainbow
Feb 22, 2006
I was considering going to the dentist to splurge on a $300 bleaching and then follow up with trays but may try OTC first to see how I make out. The dentists said I'm not too far off which makes me think I can do it on my own cheaper. Any recommendations? :love:

I like Oral B's teeth whitener strips the best. They're thicker than the rest so they really stay on your teeth (Crest's tended to ripe as soon as I tried to take them out of the packet), and I noticed a difference after the second day.

I did crest whitestrips premium a couple of years ago, and have continued to use them (probably about one pack every couple of months). They hurt my teeth if I do them twice a day for the straight 7 days, so I just do one strip a day for five or six days, then do them sporadically -- once or twice a week.

Anyway, my teeth had been getting kind of dark (not too bad, but I could notice) before this -- too much diet coke and red wine;) But since doing the strips I have had numerous people ask if I've had them professionally whitened. Even my dentist and hygenist were impressed! I went from having rather dull teeth to getting loads of compliments on my smile:smile:

So they may not work for everyone, but I've found them to be convenient, relatively painless -- like I said, don't try to do them everyday if you have sensitive teeth -- and less expensive than professional stuff. Although, when you buy a thirty dollar pack every two months, it's still somewhat of an investment...but fifteen bucks a month for white teeth seems worth it!

mandm said:
I did crest whitestrips premium a couple of years ago, and have continued to use them (probably about one pack every couple of months). They hurt my teeth if I do them twice a day for the straight 7 days, so I just do one strip a day for five or six days, then do them sporadically -- once or twice a week.

Anyway, my teeth had been getting kind of dark (not too bad, but I could notice) before this -- too much diet coke and red wine;) But since doing the strips I have had numerous people ask if I've had them professionally whitened. Even my dentist and hygenist were impressed! I went from having rather dull teeth to getting loads of compliments on my smile:smile:

So they may not work for everyone, but I've found them to be convenient, relatively painless -- like I said, don't try to do them everyday if you have sensitive teeth -- and less expensive than professional stuff. Although, when you buy a thirty dollar pack every two months, it's still somewhat of an investment...but fifteen bucks a month for white teeth seems worth it!

I use the Crest Whitestrips and the OralB. I found that my teeth also got really sensitive, so I started brushing with Sensodyne. It works really well that way!!