Best Opaque Black Tights??

it depends on which wolford you get. the spanx two timin are definitely thicker than the lycra wolfords with the standar denier (which i think is 40?).

I believe the standard Wolford opaque tights are 50 denier - the ones they call Matte Opaque are 80 denier.

Pandanoir I know Wolford has a 50 denier opaque with a slight sheen - from memory it's called Satin Opaque.

I don't care about the brand, as long as the denier is high.
I personally prefer 100, but then it's not really opaqe anymore...

Tights are so hard to take care of IMO... :sad:

Anyway, I also wanted to get opaque tights so thank you for the suggestion everyone! :biggrin:

Another vote for Spanx. I just bought my first pair of Wolford tights (in black) because I've heard good things but I have no complaints about the Spanx. I have a few CK tights that pill a little but besides that little problem I like them too.

i know the OP wanted non shiny , but i like those opaque tights with a sheen any suggestions on those too?

Falke Seidenglatt 70 are fabulous for shiny and opaque. http://www.mytights.com/us/brand/falke/falke-seidenglatt-70-tights.html
They come in different deniers and colors.

The Seidenglatt are Falke's opaque and shiny tights versus the Pure Matt which are opaque and matte.

For Wolfords: I usually get Velvet de Luxe 50 which are matte. I haven't tried the satin de luxe but those are shiny and opaque. I also have a 60 or 70 denier pair that I bought at Saks which I was told was a special run for the season. They were cheaper than the velvet de luxe and feel nice and thick.

I don't like Hue because I found that the waistband lost elasticity and they pill too much.

Falke Seidenglatt 70 are fabulous for shiny and opaque. http://www.mytights.com/us/brand/falke/falke-seidenglatt-70-tights.html
They come in different deniers and colors.

The Seidenglatt are Falke's opaque and shiny tights versus the Pure Matt which are opaque and matte.

For Wolfords: I usually get Velvet de Luxe 50 which are matte. I haven't tried the satin de luxe but those are shiny and opaque. I also have a 60 or 70 denier pair that I bought at Saks which I was told was a special run for the season. They were cheaper than the velvet de luxe and feel nice and thick.

I don't like Hue because I found that the waistband lost elasticity and they pill too much.
Thanks for the link and all your information!;)

^^Your welcome! I love tights. This is the best website I have found for Falke pantyhose and other obscure European brands. http://www.pantyhose-stockings-hosiery.com/
But it is based in Germany and shipping can take 1-2 weeks. The Customer Service was sincere but there were some communication issues because English isn't their first language, obviously. It has the best selection of colors and sizes in basic styles that I have found. So many colors, but not as many fashion tights like seasonal patterns and textures.

I've found it really hard to find Falke fashion tights online or in the US even though european blogs seem to think that Falke has an awesome fashion line. So for those I stick to Wolford or Fogal.

I've also tried Gerbe tights, specifically the Drain Up style. They are matt and opaque. They are a bit stiffer than Falke or Wolford matte tights because they are meant to be supportive for your legs like on long plane rides. It's not that they are itchy or anything like that, just not as soft, but still smooth, not quite as much stretch. I really like those too. I also found Gerbe tights to have a lower rise and according to the size charts they have the smallest sizes. From reading reviews I think that Gerbe's sheer and these support tights are the most popular from the brand.

Donna Karan the cotton tights were awful. Pilled so quickly. Never tried the regular styles after that.

I really like Nordstrom brand opaques for cheap tights. They are 40 denier and a bit shiny.

For wool tights I prefer Wolford to Falke. Because Falke has a seam that runs on each butt cheek that I find uncomfortable.

Hope this is helpful for someone as we head into cold weather!