Best Offers??

1. Does anyone know how to add a best offer to a buy it now on eBay? I have only been able to do buy it nows and there is not a place to add a best offer? Do you have to be a store to do this?

2. You have to list your item under the "fixed price format" after you add your price you should see a box to check that says something like allow best offers. If you let me know exactly how you are listing I can walk you through it:smile:

3. Thank you! I have not yet listed the item. I will try these tips and get back to you guys.

4. Be prepared for some complete idiots to give you rediculously low offers though :sad: . I stopped using this option as honestly, the offers people wasted your time with were unbelievable. If I am doing it now I just put a buy it now price. If people are interested they will steal see if they can cut a deal!

5. Good point chloe! Thank you.

6. oh yes the idiot offers.. Like $2.00 for a $250.00 pair of sunglasses. I could go on all day on that topic but that just comes with all the eBay weirdo's.

They drive me crazy.:nuts:
    I got to the point of just ignoring the offers because going in & declining them was a waste of time but..... Now eBay has added a feature where you can set it up to auto decline offers below what ever price you are willing to take. That works really well. I use it all the time. You still get the offer but right after they send it ebay declines it for you. I think it's kinda funny:lol:

7. Oh, that is a great feature. I am going to list my item tonight and see how this all works! Thanks everyone!

8. Idiot offers is a good way to put it - I think some people just pass the time offering pennies cause they are IDIOTS!! :cursing:
    Thanks sweetestsin30, I didn't know Ebay had that new feature, I might again use the best offer option.

9. Your welcome.

I have no idea WHY they do it. I just had someone offer me $1,000,000. for a item. Of course they are just messing around but could you imagine the ebay fess on that offer if I called their bulff & accepted it?;)

It seems like I get all the ebay freaks:shrugs:

10. I did almost abandon using the Best Offer feature in my auctions but last purse I sold I gave it a shot. Worked out nice as the 1st best offer I got was just 20 dollars below what I asked. So I accepted it. Most times I get offered 50 bucks on a purse I want 350 for.

11. I just saw this thread and was about to post about "idiot offers" but it has already been done!:lol:

12. I posted some items today and decided I would try the Best Offer option --- WHAT a mistake ---- ALREADY I have someone that offered me $500 less than my auction price!! I really want to respond with some smart ass remark!

13. The best way around it is to include an auto decline for offers less than $.... It's the little box that you tick right under the Best Offer feature. That way, you don't have to decline every offer there is, just the really absurd ones ;)

Correction: oops, I didn't realized someone has already given the same suggestion.

14. BTW, Best offers is a great tool. It draws a lot of watchers to your auctions. I've used the feature a lot and it is definitely worth its weight in gold. I've counteroffered many times and these were often accepted. People in general just love discounts, be it $10 or $20.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice