Best offer

Lncj

Mar 3, 2012
Hi hoping somebody can answer my question.

I am currently selling an item on eBay and have a best offer option. I received an offer which was just a little too low so I sent back a counter offer to buyer. I thought they would either accept or decline my offer pretty quickly but they haven't responded at all.

So in short I now have a pending offer with them and would like to know whether if they accept it will it automatically create a contract with the buyer and myself or if I get the opportunity to agree to selling to again before hand?

I hope this makes sense, it just is that I am left in limbo until they reply and don't know whether eBay allows me to accept offers from other buyers.

Thanks

Yes, if they accept your counter offer then the auction ends and they are the winning buyer. But, until they accept your counter offer you can accept offers from others too and sell it to someone else.
Your auction isn't in limbo because there is an offer out there, it's still a live listing until an offer is accepted.

HTH!

Your buyer has a certain amount of time to either accept or decline your counter offer

until they do so another buyer can come in & buy the item & the auction

will end & hopefully they will pay promptly.

Thanks for your help. Another buyer bought it and paid immediately so this ended the auction. I was just unsure whether I could accept if I had already sent a counter offer to someone else. Anyway all is fine now.
Thanks again!