Best Offer Etiquette?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. HI Ladies,

With all the trouble with Ebay lately, I know a lot of us have been doing BINs or BINs with best offer. I really like the best offer option because you can bargain a bit, back and forth, with the buyer.

My question is this: When you put an item up for BIN or Best Offer, how much higher do you make the BIN price than what you would be happy to accept? I have been making my BIN prices very high, knowing that it'll come down a lot with the offers, but I think it might be off-putting to some buyers who think that the best offer will be just a bit less than the BIN price.

How do you do it?

Also-- have you ladies been using counteroffers at all? Any luck with them?

Would love to hear from you.

2. I make the BIN what I would love to get, and make my BO what would be reasonable for me. For instance if I was listing a Coach key chain. Let's say I paid $9.99 + 6% tax. That's $10.58. I would set my BIN below regular retail, and to possibly beat the competition, but to also make me do a dance because of the profit margin. So if retail was $58, and the lowest competetor was at $40, I would set it at $39.

3. I usually put my BIN about $100-$150 more than I would accept. My items are usually around $500. You will always get crazy-low offers, but your high BIN might be off-putting.

4. I put my BIN price at what I feel my bag is worth, eg I have one listed at £500 or best offer as I actually bought the bag 2 wks ago for £520. I would probably accept around £420+. The best offer I have declined is £375 as I felt it was a bit too low.

When putting in offers I tend to start fairly low, eg I put an offer in this morning of $400 when the BIN was $650 but if it is declined then I can pop a higher offer in later.