Best of bucket bags!

ponyupvintage

Oct 5, 2009
The search is on for a great looking bucket bag! Love the shape and am looking for black, classic but fun. I just checked out the Balenciaga Pom with the classic hardware and love~ also thinking about A. Wang Diego but not sure if the studs and style go together? Love the studs, love the Diego- but together? Would love your opinions and ideas about your favorite bucket style bags!
thanks!

The Alexander Wang seems more trendy and of the moment to me, whereas the Balenciaga will probably still look "right" after the bucket bag trend is over. Plus, the Diego is supposed to be super heavy, right? I think they both look great but my vote goes to the Balenciaga.

If anyone is looking for an inexpensive or eco friendly version, Matt & Nat make a couple of really cute bucket bags, too.

Belen echandia hold me is a nice bucket bag.. it does smoosh down though because the leahter is soft, so it won't hold it's shape.. it's currently out of stock but you can order a custom bag through BE couture and add options such as leather lined handles or a pocket to the front too...
http://www.belenechandia.com/buy/handbags/tan-hold-me-1/

scroll down to the bottom for user submitted pics!

edit: also they can do a 'maxi' hold me style that is bigger, too

Hi Ponyupvintage

What would you think of a Kenzo pagodon?
They comme either classical (in patent leather) or you have more "original ones" in suède etc... I've had mine for 10 years (my mom's present for graduation), still love it and looks fabulous!

I have a A Wang Diego Bucket but with no studs on the bottom. The earlier version didn't have a studded bottom - and it's perfect, in my opinion! Love it.