Best of 2011 - Reveals, Sale Shoes and Collection Pics!

cheekflicks

Mar 26, 2009
Happy new year TPF-ers!

I hope everyone had a great time during the holidays, I certainly did! 2011 was such a whirlwind year for me, in terms of life, work and shopping. Before 2011, I only had one chanel flap (which cost me only $23XX!). I have always thought that I had plenty of time to slowly accumulate my perfect Chanel collection but the price increases finally struck me and I decided to get them out of the way.

Now it's time for me to focus on grown-up priorities so for 2012, my new year's resolution is to sit from afar and admire the lovely bag reveals which I have always enjoyed on TPF. Note that I say bags, I am still very partial to Chanel shoes :graucho:, especially since I only get them when they are on sale! I must say a big thank you to all you tpfers who have provided great intel and shared pics, it's thanks to you guys that I now have a collection of Chanel shoes which I love to bits!

I thought a great way to thank everyone here would be to share pictures of my collection, which also serves as a reminder to myself that I don't need anymore bags since I think I have all occasions covered!

Sooo, enough of my long-windedness...let's start, shall we? :P

Here's a teaser...

bags1.jpg

First up, my 1st Chanel flap - pardon me if I am a little longwinded, I love listening to stories and feel so much love for my bags especially when there is a little story attached to them. I got this darling when I was on student exchange with my bf. Before that I was not very serious in uni but he made a bet with me that if I could ace my summer modules, he would buy me a chanel bag while we were on exchange. Ace it I did :smile: I had my heart set on the black medium classic flap in caviar with GHW (Who doesn't? LOL) but when I was there the SA and my bf insisted that the met grey with RHW was the one I should get and I was so reluctant! Thank god I listened to them - the black caviar is around everyday but the met grey lamb is so unique and special to me, I will love it forever.

09 Metallic Grey Lamb Medium Flap with Ruthenium HW

Function-wise: Great for going out at night,dates and special events!

metgreyflap1.jpg

Fast forward to 2011, I was minding my own business when I first saw this on Penney's album (Hirshleifers). I have already posted a reveal on this bag so I won't recap again but fate works in strange ways. I bought the maxi size in Vegas and 2 months ago, saw a post of someone selling a brand new jumbo version on our local bag forum. I sms-ed the seller as I had went with the maxi when the jumbo was not available, but was not very serious in buying from her. I asked her jokingly if she wanted to exchange it with my maxi and it turned out she was looking for the maxi all along! When we met, it turned out that both of our bags were both in the Wynn boutique in Vegas (we are from Singapore) within a few days of each other! LOL, we were truly shocked when we realized that.

11P Red Caviar Jumbo with SHW

11pcavair.jpg

I am going to be a little faster with this two as many of you lovely ladies own them as well, but I think they are the most iconic of all Chanel flaps. I got the black one from my local boutique prior to the May price increase and seriously lucked out on the beige one. This lovely lady came back from the mothership and sold it to me at the same price which she got it in Paris for!

Okay, here goes!

Black Caviar Jumbo SHW and Beige Caviar Jumbo GHW

blackcaviarshw.jpg

beigecaviarghw.jpg

Last but not least, I was looking for mainly a travel companion - easy to take care of, classic and easy to match as well. I was also looking for something with GHW as I had recently acquired an etain cdc with ghw and needed something to match. Yes, I am one of those silver hardware-match-silver hardware girls, terrible I know! I was initially very apprehensive as I have never bought pre-loved before, but when I chanced upon this in pristine condition, in a lovely wrinkled patent, great size with GHW, I pounced!! Best of all, this is less than 50% of what the current reissues are going for! :yahoo:

Here goes, 07 Patent Black Reissue 227 with GHW

reissue227.jpg

patentreissue.jpg

Now on to the sale shoes finds! Needless to say, I went quite crazy but I definitely don't regret it! Though, I need to wear them more often - out of the five pairs I bought during summer sales I have only worn 1 pair. :sad:

2011 Summer Sales

From my local boutique: Silver and Bronze Lace Pumps and Medallion Cork Wedges

saleshoes1.jpg

Part 2 of 2011 Summer Sales

From Saks NYC: Light Tan Boots, Beige/Black Flats (the only pair I've worn so far!), Interlocked CC Sandals

I am sorry it's not a good pic - the beige/black flats look slightly worse for the wear.

chanelshoes.jpg