Best Nordstrom Rack/Outlet/Thrift Shopping Portland

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I will be in the Portland area for the weekend in the next couple of weeks.

If anyone can give suggestions for the best Nordstrom Rack, any other outlet shopping or the best thrift stores in that area. I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advace :yes:!

2. Portland, Oregon or Portland, Maine?

3. yes which one :P

4. If it's Oregon, the best rack (there are only like 3) is probably in Downtown Portland.
    <TABLE class=medium id=gridAddress style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 border=0><TBODY><TR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: larger"><TD> Nordstrom Rack Downtown Portland (#28)</TD></TR><TR><TD>245 SW Morrison Street</TD></TR><TR><TD>Portland, OR 97204</TD></TR><TR><TD>(503) 299-1815</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

For outlet shopping, there is Woodburn Company Stores which is an outdoor mall consisting stores such as Polo, Tommy Hilfiger, Banana Republic, White House Black Market, Nike, Puma, Adidas, etc.
    http://www.woodburncompanystores.com/

5. The Rack at Tanasbourne is way better than the Rack downtown. I just got a pair of Hudsons and Sevens for under $60 each. I was there a few weeks ago and they had Gryson, Lamb, Botkier and Juicy bags. They had lots of great stuff. The one downtown has inferior merchandise.

6. Sorry I meant Portland, OR!

7. The Rack in downtown Portland is awesome! We were there just a couple of weeks ago and they had some Burberry bags on clearance. I wish I had the $$ to buy them.

I've also been to the outlet. Also a great place to shop. I think it's about 20 min, maybe a 1/2 hour drive from downtown.

8. Best of all, OR has no sales tax! Love going to Portland for weekends!!

9. yup! i've definitely had better experiences there than other locations. really, burberry?? i should stop by soon!!

yeah, it's a shame that woodburn isn't really in the portland metro area- i'd go there more often if it was!

10. downtown portland is great... you can shop at both nordstrom and nordstrom rack... in walking distance....

11. Personally I like the 185th Rack better, but that's because the downtown one doesn't carry any children's stuff and I am always on the lookout for a good price on shoes for my twins. As far as grown-up stuff goes, I find the rack off 185th in Beaverton easier to shop in, it isn't as crowded as the one downtown. Both have a decent selection. I don't care for the one in Clackamas, it always seems cramped and not well taken care of. There are always clothes and shoes strewn about.

There are outlets in Woodburn (classy outlets) and in Troutdale (okay, but not the best). As far as thrift stores go, they are hit and miss around the town.

Are you looking for anything specific in terms of outlets?

~Robyn

12. I LOVE Portland because there's no sales tax!!!

Was there last May for a family vacation and shopped like crazy! I was only able to go at the Rack downtown. I thought their inventory was great! Scored a couple of seven jeans, some sunglasses ( gucci, coach) and some tops. :tup:

Have fun!!! I would love to go back there and next time maybe I can explore the city (not just the mall)! LOL

13. #13 Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
    For the rack, I would suggest either the one in Clackamas or the one in Tanasbourne. I never find anything at the downtown location. I was at the Clackamas one last week and there were tons of premium denim. However, the downtown pioneer place is great for shopping; Nordstrom, Saks, LV, Kate Spade, BCBG, Coach, and they just opened up a Juicy Couture.

I would also suggest the Pearl District which has tons of cute boutiques and excellent food :smile:

Hawthorne [around 20 something street I think?] has some neat shops. There's also a Red Light there which sells second-hand clothing.

14. i agree with penguin! i love the clackamas one. i've only found one thing in all the years i've gone to the one downtown.