Best Moisturizer for Combo Skin If You Are 50+

balthus

O.G.
Mar 4, 2007
Love to hear from everyone.

Price is an object but I also want something that is as close to a "miracle" product as possible.

So looking for a product that not only moisturizes but perhaps help with aging skin.

I can not wear Creme de la Mer - makes me breakout & gives me bumps. I have used the gel and it is ok in summer but I don't feel I am getting enough bang for the buck.

Looking for something to buy during NM Beauty Week event.

Thanks.

My suggestion is to checkout NM site while the beauty thing is going on and pick a few brands that are in your price range/skin type. Check out makeupalley.com
There are tons of reviews that should be helpful. I try to check this site out before I try anything new . Let us know what you end up getting andhow it worked. Good luck! I myself love Yonka products. They are pretty reasonable. I'l be 50 soon w/sensitive skin too. Check out http://www.carolynash.com/ THere's a link "skin profiler"

i've heard a lot of good things about la prairie and reVive, but they are costly.
you could always get samples of them.

have you tried the kiehl's line? i know as we age our skin becomes dry and has less elasticity so you need something to revitalize your skin.

what do you use to cleanse your skin?

I'm 42 and have been using ReVive since May....I LOVE the entire line!! I was using Lancome..too heavy for me..always bumps/breakouts...this stuff is amazing..it really does transform your skin!! However unfortunately there is NOTHING out there that will make us look twenty again lol!! If you go to the website you can get samples...

I am 50 and so far, I have only found three skin care lines that work well for me.

1. Amore Pacific - I believe this is only sold at Neiman Marcus and it is on the costly side. However, it does work. They have quite a few anti-aging products in their Timed Response line. I have not been able to buy everything I want from this line yet, but I do love it. I can really see a difference.

2. Kinerase - I also like the products in this line. It's probably at least half the price of the Amore Pacific line, but I get good results with it.

3. Kate Somerville - I only use the ExfoliKate scrub from this line. It is very good. I haven't tried anything else yet, but I hear positive things about it.

Love to hear from everyone.

Price is an object but I also want something that is as close to a "miracle" product as possible.

So looking for a product that not only moisturizes but perhaps help with aging skin.

I can not wear Creme de la Mer - makes me breakout & gives me bumps. I have used the gel and it is ok in summer but I don't feel I am getting enough bang for the buck.

Looking for something to buy during NM Beauty Week event.

Thanks.
Hae you tried La Mer gel with the hydration treatment under it? I heard that it makes your skin drink in more of the moisture than w/o it.

Could I recommend Decleor's Prolagene Gel as a treatment underneath your moisturizer? This stuff is great - heals and rejuvenates the skin cells. You can just slap on some of it and then let it dry before slapping on some moisturizer.

For a moisturizer, I would recommend either SK-II's Facial Clear Solution - helps to balance out oily areas whilst giving moisture to the drier areas. I like this. It's light, though. La Prairie's Advanced Biology Gel-cream is fantastic too - prevention and cure!

I, too, do not like La Mer's cream as it's too rich and it's because of the mineral oil content. I've ended up using it on my neck, decolletage and my arms.