Best mini bag for a vacation?

Metrowestmama

Lover of Bling
O.G.
Jan 15, 2013
I need a mini handbag for a vacation. The bag has to carry sunglasses, lipstick, room key, small pouch. It also needs to have a removable strap (or the ability to tuck the strap in the bag) for dinners out for a more formal look/use. And have a zipper or secure close.

Some I'm eyeing are the Louis Vuitton Alma BB in Damier or a Balenciaga City mini but looking for other suggestions. I already own a Chanel mini flap but it doesn't fit sunglasses. Appreciate the advice!!!

I usually carry LV for vacation because I don't want to baby my bag at all while I'm enjoying myself. However I use bigger bags for all my holiday (Speedy/Saumur/Backpack). Since u wanted mini, I'd like to suggest Pochette Metis. The compartment inside makes it so practical while u r on the move a lot. Removable strap that can b adjusted for shoulder or Crossbody. For evening u can remove the strap n hand carry the top handle. It also have flat zipped pocket behind the bag - great easy access for phone/passport.

If u prefer all leather mini, there r so many options out there! Perhaps u can give us more idea about style that u like. Bucket? Saddle? Hobo? Messenger? Satchel? Mini backpack?

I just went to Hong Kong and took my Phillip Lim Mini Pashli in black with me! It is durable (Sudden rainstorm? No problem for the tough leather!), versatile (Can be worn crossbody, over the shoulder or by hand) and the closure is very safe. Furthermore, it fits all the essentials.

I also agree with Amazona, the Furla Metropolis is perfect if you want to go even more compact! I have two and love them!

I usually carry LV for vacation because I don't want to baby my bag at all while I'm enjoying myself. However I use bigger bags for all my holiday (Speedy/Saumur/Backpack). Since u wanted mini, I'd like to suggest Pochette Metis. The compartment inside makes it so practical while u r on the move a lot. Removable strap that can b adjusted for shoulder or Crossbody. For evening u can remove the strap n hand carry the top handle. It also have flat zipped pocket behind the bag - great easy access for phone/passport.

If u prefer all leather mini, there r so many options out there! Perhaps u can give us more idea about style that u like. Bucket? Saddle? Hobo? Messenger? Satchel? Mini backpack?

Thanks for the suggestion casseyelsie! I'm not a fan of backpacks or flap bags. Not sure if that helps! I carry a big tote bag in the airport or beach but like a smaller bag with my key items for easy access. Then able as to use it for dinners. I'll check out the Pochette!

I think the Alma BB is perfect for you. I just got one and it fits quite a bit and is very versatile. I love that it looks very different hand held or crossbody.

I also like the other suggestions. Don't know your budget but I also like the Be Dior mini. Very elegant bag.

I recommmend a Gucci Disco. It's big enough that it fits what you mentioned, it's easy and comfortable to carry, can be worn crossbody and it's great for dinners as well. The perfect bag for travel imo.

These are great suggestions! Thanks everyone. Trying to keep the budget under $2k. More so because I don't want to have to worry which I would if the price point is higher. LOL

I'd vote epi. Vernis may be more worrisome (although I've never had an issue with mine) if you're wearing it casually, while damier may not be able to fly under the radar as easily.

+1. I bought mine in the Epi fuchsia because I wanted something carefree but not recognizable for situations like travel, the playground, etc. While I love the Vernis it's very recognizable and I would be worrying about color transfer and wearing it in hot weather. DE is carefree but it is also recognizable and I personally like the Alma better in Epi.