best mineral makeup?

While I wait for my sample set from Everyday Minerals-i was wondering. What sort of brushes do I need to put this stuff on? I am assuming they don't send you any brushes with the sample set-and, other than one retractable blush brush-I don't own any. Thanks

and if you want something cheap to just test the product out with, according to the MUAers EM's flocked sponge is supposed to be amazing for applying the mineral foundation....i plan to pick it up eventually :tup:

and if you want something cheap to just test the product out with, according to the MUAers EM's flocked sponge is supposed to be amazing for applying the mineral foundation....i plan to pick it up eventually :tup:

I use Jane Iredale and the flocked sponge makes a huge difference!

Just put in an order for a sample kit of everday minerals, I love Jane Iredale but they are pricey and I wish the compacts were re-fillable, I use the pressed foundation the most and they come in these very solid metal compacts that just seem like a waste to throw away, I do love the product though, but hey you never know I could like EM even better......there's always room for improvement with anything!

I used mineral make up on and off since 2000. There are soo many brands that I had tried, I started out with BE, then went to Aromaleigh, Monave, Botany101, Alima, Canary, Jane Ireland, Donna, etc, and even ventured to DIY :lol:
Fundamentally the ingredients are similar the % is different. It really depends how "natural" you want the minerals to be. Over the years, I use MMU and switch to off the counter non-mmu products as it gives me more even coverage and now a days I don't use any.

There are alot of Mineral makeup makers out there, find out what works for you and what don't. Main difference is the ingredients, some has bismuth, some don't, some use talc some don't, some uses zinc and some don't. Find out which formulation works for you and what don't.There are some that may make u break out, what works for one person might not work for another.
Because of the high % of titanium dioxide - it has SPF even the smaller mmu houses, just that it takes money to get it SPF certified & they don't do it as it cost alot more. But mmu does have SPF protection.

Right now when I do use MMU, I stick to Monave. I trust the ingredients used and I know which color and formulation fits me. They do sell their minerals to resellers that package their own brands or for mmu makers to DIY. And no, I do not work for Monave. I am just sharing my mmu experience :flowers:

Ohh tools of the trade:
Foundation: Kabuki, wide flock sponge, damped flock.
Blushers - lil'chubby, fan brush, lancome optic brush, skunk brush

some helpful links for using mineral makeup (BE addict help)
Yeah, you can wet/dampen your eyeliner brush and pick up a shade of eye shadow and line your eyes, it will give a 3D look to it. :tup:
have fun exploring with mmu.

I've been wanting to try BE for the longest time but after reading everyone's advice I decided to order some samples (plus the concealer brush) from EM instead to see how I like it. I hope I picked out the right shades!!! Thanks for the advice ladies!

I received my samples on Saturday-that was super quick!

now to buy some stuff to put it on with. I am going to check out that link that princessfrog provided because I have no clue what to do with this stuff!

Oh-and I am so glad it let me choose 3 different colors of foundation-because i was soo unsure of which one to get!

I used Colorescience exclusively for 10 years. Comes in its own applicator with a cap. Now my skin has become very dry (middle - age) and I cannot use the powders any more.