Mansur Gavriel Best material for backpack?

topdog

Oct 20, 2010
Hi ladies! I am contemplating buying a backpack on restock opening day. I have one in veg tanned leather (black/ballerina). I am wondering about other materials: calf leather, tumbled leather, and canvas. Any pro/cons to offer on this style in the other materials during your day to day use. For instance, on the veg tanned leather I like how it holds its shape but I find I don't close it all the way up--I just let the top flap cover the Semi-open bag. Maybe just me....any observations on other material backpacks that you could offer would be appreciated!

Hi ladies! I am contemplating buying a backpack on restock opening day. I have one in veg tanned leather (black/ballerina). I am wondering about other materials: calf leather, tumbled leather, and canvas. Any pro/cons to offer on this style in the other materials during your day to day use. For instance, on the veg tanned leather I like how it holds its shape but I find I don't close it all the way up--I just let the top flap cover the Semi-open bag. Maybe just me....any observations on other material backpacks that you could offer would be appreciated!

I really love the tumble, I think it's a beautiful yet resilient material, especially for the backpack.