Best Mascara for Super Sensitive Eyes?

mmmsc

O.G.
Feb 1, 2007
I have a real problem wearing ANY mascara. Wondered if there were others that had a tip for this problem. And boy is it a problem! :nuts: Thanks for any suggestions. I feel like I have tried them all, but would love to hear about anything I have not heard about. I have a problem with all eye makeup actually; it just makes me cry when I try to wear it.

Mascaras are the only cosmetic products I buy from drugstore. I've sensitive eyes and I found Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express (waterproof) works really well on me. It's my holy grail mascara.

I don't have much to add except that a waterproof formula would be ideal and that my favorite is YSL Faux Cils but you shouldn't get anywhere near it for sensitive eyes because boy does it have a fragrance! It's the strongest the first week and it makes my eyes water. I imagine anything with a strong smell would do the same. Perhaps take a whiff of it before you buy it, if you can.

Sorry, I had a non-recommendation rather than a recommendation.

I have the same issue, but I have found that AVON Superextend Mascara works wonders for me. It doesn't irritate my eyes at all. The applicator has small bristles so that you have more control and less likely to make mistakes. The best part is WATERPROOF. :yahoo: I don't get raccoon eyes anymore.

Sidenote: I work with an AVON rep. so I have been experimenting with alot of AVON as of late.

I have super-sensitive eyes that also tend to water alot. I love the Blinc tube mascara. It's waterproof, doesn't flake or clump and comes off with water (or cream cleanser like Cetaphil) and a little pressure. I've tried alot of things and used to love the YSL and Helena Rubenstein waterproof that I'd pick up at duty-free (until the TSA or whoever stopped allowing me to bring it back to the states). My eyes became more sensitive as I got older and this is all I've used for the past several years. I have less lash loss too!

the best that I've found for my dry senstive eyes is shockingly Mary Kay. Most of my other makeup products are Bare minerals, but their waterproof mascara makes my eyes itch like crazy!

I have super sensitive eyes because of allergies to a lot of the ingredients in eye makeup. I don't usually wear eye shadows (except the ones from Avon) or eyeliner, but I did finally find a mascara I can use. The Almay Get Up and Grow works really well for me. No itching or burning or pulling my eyelashes out. It does smudge if you're not careful, but it's worth it to me to not be miserable.