Best makeup remover

Micellar water (I like the generic version of drug store Garnier) I don’t even know if it’s around anymore as I bought it by the case. Soak a cotton pad and press onto the eye. It will dissolve your make up and not leave an oily residue or require excessive rubbing

I also like bliss non oily gel

i really dislike Lancôme or L’Oréal bc of thr scent and the stinging feeling

But. i am prone to Milia, so basically only rarely wear makeup nowadays

I recently purchased long wear foundation so I'm doing a two-step process - garnier micellar water first, then cetaphil cleanser scrubbed off with a muslin cloth. gets it all. well, my mascara is a bit stubborn. not sure if it's the particular mascara (not waterproof) or the micellar water, but I always have some left under my eyes in the morning.

I also do a two-step process:
First I use KOSE Soft MO White cleaning oil - gently rub all over my face and eyelashes, then rinse with warm water using my hands.
Second I use La Rosche-Posay Hydrating Gentle cleanser - gently rub all over face and eyelashes, then rinse with warm water using first my hands and then a Wonder Cloth (microfiber cleansing cloth) - if I've missed anything the cloth will get it!

the coconut oil doesn't leave an oily residue on your face? I have some I use occasionally for my hair; didn't know it would remove makeup
I have dry skin. I rub a little all over on my face & eye area (for mascara since I wear waterproof) with my fingers and remove everything w/a cotton pad. Then I wash my face w/a cleanser then use toner. I don't find an oily residue, maybe cuz I use toner after.

Reactions: sdkitty
I have to double cleanse. My first cleans is to liquify makeup because when I wear it, I wear a lot. I start with a balm or oil cleanser. The balm turns into an oil upon warming up in my hands. I add water to emulsify the balm then remove it with a muslin cloth. My second step is typically a cream cleanser - I can recommend a few but really it is just the technique and the fact that I cleanse twice that removes the makeup for me. I really learned this quite late after watching "Get Unready With Me" videos on youtube. I used to try to rinse off oil and balm cleansers to no avail then I got sponges and muslin cloths. My skin thanks me. For days when I have piled on the eyeliner and mascara, I will start of with eye makeup remover on a cotton pad to get the process started. I love taking my makeup off just as much as I love putting it on.

Avène micellar lotion cleanser has never failed me. Used only this to remove my eye makeup, lipstick, foundation, everything! I have rosacea and dry skin and it worked well for me, doesn't dry up my skin after cleansing. Used it, thought it was good, then tried a few other brands as well but this is the best so went back to using it!