Best LV Bag for the Unpredictable Winter Weather in Florida

California53

Jun 30, 2015
Good Afternoon,
I am traveling from Tehachapi, California (42 degrees) to Melbourne, Florida (77 degrees) to spend the holiday season with family. The winter weather in Florida can be unpredictable and rains most every day. I have bags from LV Mono Pochette Metis and Tivoli to Mahina leather to Denim, but no DE. I need to have a bag large enough to carry items on the plane, but am concerned with having to "hide" my vachetta leather.
Could you please make a recommendation for a bag and how to protect it if a sudden downpour ensues?
Warm regards,
California53

If i'm using something with vachetta, I just simply carry a plastic shopping bag inside my LV in case it rains. You could also try the "purse raincoat." Just google "purse raincoat"..I've seen it at places like macy's, saks, and shopbop

Reactions: California53
I live in central Florida and the good news is we're beyond our rainy season. Even during its peak (6/1 - 11/30) I'm always carrying my LVs. This time of year you'll probably be carrying a light jacket anyway so on the off chance it rains, you can toss it over a bag. Enjoy Florida!

I think the speedy DE is the ultimate carefree all weather bag. I use my speedy in rain, sleet and snow and it still looks brand new and it's about 10 years old.