Best-Looking Musician from the 80's

eyelove

night sky
Feb 23, 2006
O.K, after reading the "Best Song from the 80's" thread and re-living the nostalgic high school years, I was wondering who you all thought was the best-looking musician/singer from the 80's.
I see that quite a few of the forum members here are "80's children" (myself included) and what girl back then in highschool DIDN'T debate about: "who was better-looking? Simon LeBon or John Taylor?"

I'll start first: David Sylvian was pretty good-looking. He's not the only one but he's one of several.

I definitely took part in the John Taylor-Simon LeBon debate! Ah...those were the days! :smile:

David Sylvian...I LOVE him...I'm still a huge fan of his music.

I was also a fan of Depeche Mode so we had a lot debating between Martin Gore & Dave Gahan.

Boy, there are so many to chose from! :smile:

edsbgrl said:
George Michael. I had such a crush on him. Father Figure was my song. :love:

Lol, I was waiting for someone to say George Michael! I remember quite a number of the girls back in my high school "fell in love" with him during his Wham! days when they saw him in that "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" video, lol! I personally didn't find him that "good-looking", but hey, thousands of women would disagree with me and beauty's in the eye of the beholder anyway, right? :biggrin:

BTW, Careless Whisper was their best song!

Pradasmeadow said:
David Essex,and the lead singer from the Bay City Rollers( I forgot his name) oh !!! Does Donny Osmond count ?

Donny Osmond? Err, that's stretching it just a wee bit (cause he's more 70's than 80's) but sure, o.k!

...but please don't say Sonny Bono...he's definitely confined to the 70's.

David Essex...was he the guy in that film with Ringo Starr?

Charlotte! said:
I definitely took part in the John Taylor-Simon LeBon debate! Ah...those were the days! :smile:

David Sylvian...I LOVE him...I'm still a huge fan of his music.

I was also a fan of Depeche Mode so we had a lot debating between Martin Gore & Dave Gahan.

Boy, there are so many to chose from! :smile:

There was a name for the billion-plus Duran Duran girls fans at the time - I think it was called "Duranies" or something (correct me if my memory fails me). Yes, those were the days! :smile:

Martin Gore, I almost forgot about him! And don't forget Nick Rhodes.

And as you are a Sylvian fan as well, I've attached a jpeg below. Enjoy!

Attachments

• dsylvian.jpg
    dsylvian.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 45