Best long cardigans?

Tashi Delek

Nov 16, 2010
Do any of you ladies have suggestions for v-neck, button-down cardigans, preferably on the longer side? I recently bought a Tory Burch Simone cardigan hoping I'd found a a new go-to cardi brand but my TB snags way too easily! I need something that can handle a little more wear. Especially in colder months, I practically live in my cardigans. Something that doesn't pill would be a bonus :smile:

J.Crew has some, but I find them to be too thin for my taste. I can't find any thick, long cardigans (other than the whole blanket sweater craze). What is the point of a sweater if it is so thin you can practically see through it!

I used to buy many different brands, but fell in love with the "cheaper" - Zara - ones just recently. They fit me very well and I like them a lot.
I`m sorry I can`t say more about them because I only got mine recently, but so far they are holding up very, very well!

If you don't mind a little oversized (slouchy, cashmere type), try Joseph A. Banks or some of the fine menswear shops and get the smallest man's one. I just bought a gorgeous very thick sky blue cashmere v-neck (not a cardigan, but they had them) at Joseph A. Banks - it's very oversized in a small, but looks great with skinny black pants and riding boots and it's so much better quality than anything I've found in any women's store lately.

I got mine on black Friday - a 2 hour sale in the morning, originally $235.00 reduced for those two hours to $69.00. It's gorgeous. They had lots of cardigans too. I do love the oversized look in cashmere.

I have some awesome ones from Aritzia and Club Monaco. I only buy sweaters that are made of 100% natural fibers (merino wool, cashmere, alpaca, silk, cotton, linen, etc.) these days. I have a pile of mixed yarn sweaters (nylon and other synthetics) that don't wear nearly as well. And rayon fuzzballs when it rubs against anything IMHO.