Best lipgloss for fair skin and over 40....

I'm over 40 and I have fair skin. I hate lipstick but love a gloss. I find Bobbi Brown lip glosses to be the best (for me). They are creamy, not tacky, and I have found as long as I don't ring my lips with it, it won't accumulate in the corners (I hate that). I had to learn how to wear gloss!

Reactions: chessmont
I'm over 40 and I have fair skin. I hate lipstick but love a gloss. I find Bobbi Brown lip glosses to be the best (for me). They are creamy, not tacky, and I have found as long as I don't ring my lips with it, it won't accumulate in the corners (I hate that). I had to learn how to wear gloss!
I am over 60 and like the BB gloss - I had my makeup done at Nordstrom some time ago and had my eyes and lips done (it is so hard when you get older and haven't had PS, to figure out how to do eye makeup). Anyway, I wanted a neutral, natural look and she picked out Nougat No. 41. lip gloss. I usually wear the second lightest foundation in a line, for reference to the lip color. And have pink undertones.

Reactions: DD101
I am over 60 and like the BB gloss - I had my makeup done at Nordstrom some time ago and had my eyes and lips done (it is so hard when you get older and haven't had PS, to figure out how to do eye makeup). Anyway, I wanted a neutral, natural look and she picked out Nougat No. 41. lip gloss. I usually wear the second lightest foundation in a line, for reference to the lip color. And have pink undertones.

I have Nougat too! It's such a great neutral that is pale but still manages to provide color......such a great one!

Reactions: chessmont
I have Nougat too! It's such a great neutral that is pale but still manages to provide color......such a great one!

It is nice! I can't do nude lipsticks per se (only looks good with young skin), but a neutral is different from a nude. This one works! Another drugstore brand/color that is a nice neutral is Rimmel Moisture Renew in Summer Angel. It is frosted, but for some reason still looks good on my 60+ lips. Has to be reapplied, as it is pretty inexpensive. I don't even know if they make the formula or color any more but I bought up a bunch once I found out how much I liked it. These two I wear the most.

Reactions: DD101
It is nice! I can't do nude lipsticks per se (only looks good with young skin), but a neutral is different from a nude. This one works! Another drugstore brand/color that is a nice neutral is Rimmel Moisture Renew in Summer Angel. It is frosted, but for some reason still looks good on my 60+ lips. Has to be reapplied, as it is pretty inexpensive. I don't even know if they make the formula or color any more but I bought up a bunch once I found out how much I liked it. These two I wear the most.

You are right, a neutral is different from a nude, and I can't do nudes either, they make me look like I'm dead. I'll have to check out Rimmel's Mositure Renew in Summer Angel - is this a current color/shade?