Best Leather for Evelyne and Garden Party?

Jul 12, 2013
I'll be purchasing (hopefully!!) my first Evelyne in Paris this summer! I've read many stories that it's better for the SA if I'm able to tell them specifically what I am looking for.

I've tried the bags in store before but I'm not sure what kind of leather is more durable...I'm extremely careful with my bags but it would be great to get more info on the leathers! :smile: I think I've tried epsom and clemence....?

Also, my mother is interested in an all-canvas Garden Party instead of leather since it's a bit lighter. But, does anyone know if it comes in more "neutral" colors rather than having two very opposite colors on one bag?

Thank you[emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]

I'll be purchasing (hopefully!!) my first Evelyne in Paris this summer! I've read many stories that it's better for the SA if I'm able to tell them specifically what I am looking for.

I've tried the bags in store before but I'm not sure what kind of leather is more durable...I'm extremely careful with my bags but it would be great to get more info on the leathers! :smile: I think I've tried epsom and clemence....?

Also, my mother is interested in an all-canvas Garden Party instead of leather since it's a bit lighter. But, does anyone know if it comes in more "neutral" colors rather than having two very opposite colors on one bag?

Thank you[emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]

Since I have both 2 bags that you are aiming for, I would say that IMHO Evelyne bag looks better in clemence since it is more slouchy and when you hang it, it will just hug your body nicely. And the leather is also very durable.

For canvas GP, it does come in neutral color here is my canvas GP pic [emoji4]

View attachment 3589086

Last edited:
Reactions: DR2014
The best leather for an Eve is debatable but I'd go for Epsom in a TPM and Clemence in the bigger sizes unless you want it to look quite smart and more business-like. The Clemence will be heavier though, not a problem posing in front of a mirror but something to consider if you're planning to carry a lot and all day.

There are GPs in neutral colours and variations with less contrast between leather/toile

Since I have both 2 bags that you are aiming for, I would say that IMHO Evelyne bag looks better in clemence since it is more slouchy and when you hang it, it will just hug your body nicely. And the leather is also very durable.

For canvas GP, it does come in neutral color here is my canvas GP pic [emoji4]

View attachment 3589086

Thank you for your info and I love your GP!! Is that a seasonal or regular color?

Are epsom and clemence the 2 most popular leathers for Evelyne? I liked the slouchy one more when I tried it on (just forgot what leather it is) [emoji85]

Reactions: Nui
The best leather for an Eve is debatable but I'd go for Epsom in a TPM and Clemence in the bigger sizes unless you want it to look quite smart and more business-like. The Clemence will be heavier though, not a problem posing in front of a mirror but something to consider if you're planning to carry a lot and all day.

There are GPs in neutral colours and variations with less contrast between leather/toile

Thanks!! What is TPM? Sorry, I'm new to the H world :smile:

I agree with the others on the Evelyn leather - clemence all the way! To me, Epsom is too stiff and I love the way an Evie will soften and conform to your body with wear!

I do see the wisdom of an Epsom TPM as suggested by PT, as that bag is cute when it holds shape more!

Thank you for your info and I love your GP!! Is that a seasonal or regular color?

Are epsom and clemence the 2 most popular leathers for Evelyne? I liked the slouchy one more when I tried it on (just forgot what leather it is) [emoji85]

Thank you[emoji4] but I don't know if it's seasonal or regular color (you may ask your local boutique[emoji4])

I think the slouchy Evie you tried is clemence since epsom is stiff and very structure.

Reactions: QuelleFromage
Clemence leather for sure. It is my favorite leather Hermes makes and suits the Evie perfectly to give it slouch to hug your body. I pair my Evelyne with a bag insert to add a bit more structure and provide me with endless pockets and zipper compartments. Enjoy your trip this summer!

I believe that for the regular Evelyne they are the ONLY leathers. I prefer Clemence by about a million miles as Epsom feels too stiff against my body (plus Clemence is indestructible).