Best Key Pouch for Car Key Fob?

California53

Jun 30, 2015
Good Morning,
I bought an LV Monogram Key pouch/Cles for my house keys and one car key fob, but it isn't large enough for the fob. I have looked at all of the key holders on the LV site, but they appear to be constructed to hold flat keys (not a key fob).
Can you please recommend the key holder/s that have worked best for holding a large car key fob?
Warm regards,
California53

This is a bit of a hard one, I had the same problem. I have the 6 key holder and a Cles. On the Cles I let my key with the fob hang off the chain as it doesn't fit in the pouch properly (I filled the pouch with cards instead). With the 6 key holder you can leave the bigger keys to hang out the end and leave the smaller, flatter keys inside the holder. I was lucky, my Volkswagen fob did fit in the 6 key holder and I could still close it. The only key pouch that is bigger and may be able to hold your key fob is the one in empreinte leather with the snap button close as far as I know. The one out of Vernis leather is quite stiff, the empreinte is a lot softer and more flexible.

The best thing to do is to take your keys and try them out at the store with the different key holders, then will you know for sure what works best for your keys as they are all different.

There have been quite a few threads on this subject (mine included), if you do a search you should be able to find lots more information. Good luck :smile:

Reactions: California53
This is a bit of a hard one, I had the same problem. I have the 6 key holder and a Cles. On the Cles I let my key with the fob hang off the chain as it doesn't fit in the pouch properly (I filled the pouch with cards instead). With the 6 key holder you can leave the bigger keys to hang out the end and leave the smaller, flatter keys inside the holder. I was lucky, my Volkswagen fob did fit in the 6 key holder and I could still close it. The only key pouch that is bigger and may be able to hold your key fob is the one in empreinte leather with the snap button close as far as I know. The one out of Vernis leather is quite stiff, the empreinte is a lot softer and more flexible.

The best thing to do is to take your keys and try them out at the store with the different key holders, then will you know for sure what works best for your keys as they are all different.

There have been quite a few threads on this subject (mine included), if you do a search you should be able to find lots more information. Good luck :smile:

Aussiemel,
Thank you for the information! It was very helpful. I will do a search and get some additional ideas. Unfortunately, we don't have an LV store closeby. I wanted to prevent having to purchase too many SLGs to get an answer.
Warm regards,
California53

How many keys do you have? I have four and initially was going to get the 4 key holder but found that the 6 key holder works perfectly for only four. I guess it depends on how big your fob is
1d2be1e277f46e9d1c81ab118e19a65c.jpg
b496a1c84f9f85d1b7ab90677598c567.jpg

Aussiemel,
Thank you for the information! It was very helpful. I will do a search and get some additional ideas. Unfortunately, we don't have an LV store closeby. I wanted to prevent having to purchase too many SLGs to get an answer.
Warm regards,
California53

It makes it hard when there's no store nearby, I'm glad I was able to help a little bit. I can understand you don't want to have to purchase different SLG's just for the purpose of seeing what fits. I went through the exact same thing, I think with the empreinte key pouch you'll be fine, it also has the chain on the end so you can attach your keys to the chain and then put the keys in the pouch. Have a look at what the measurements are on the website in comparison to the Cles etc.

The problem is if you are absolutely certain you want to put your keys away in the pouch your options are a bit limited. If you're happy for your keys to be hanging off a chain or a keyring you can pretty much go with any key holder that LV offers.

My fob is thick (hidden key inside too) and I can fit it into my DE cles (key pouch) just fine. I originally started with using one of the small chains to attach the fob to the ring on it, but it was annoying so I put the fob inside of it along with two cards (AAA and Costco card). When I tried options at the store recently, I found it would fit inside the 6 key holder. Just haven't gotten it because I don't really have a lot of keys that I use. The fob is for keyless entry and it isn't needed to drive (button inside car to start).

Thank you all for your suggestions. Since my key fob and spare key are rather large, I have decided to purchase the:
louis-vuitton-mini-pochette-accessoires-monogram-canvas-icons--M58009_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

Playful and compact, the Mini Pochette Accessoires in Monogram canvas is a delightful way to carry those essentials. It can be attached to other bags or simply carried on its own.
Large enough for me to carry my keys, fob and extras. I can attached to the "D" ring or leave free in the bag. Louis Vuitton has an purse to fulfill every need.
Warm regards,
California53

Good Morning,
I bought an LV Monogram Key pouch/Cles for my house keys and one car key fob, but it isn't large enough for the fob. I have looked at all of the key holders on the LV site, but they appear to be constructed to hold flat keys (not a key fob).
Can you please recommend the key holder/s that have worked best for holding a large car key fob?
Warm regards,
California53

I know someone else mentioned this key pouch above, but here's the pouch in action. I use this one as it's the only one that fits my fat key fob.
IMG_0270.JPG

Thank you all for your suggestions. Since my key fob and spare key are rather large, I have decided to purchase the:
louis-vuitton-mini-pochette-accessoires-monogram-canvas-icons--M58009_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

Playful and compact, the Mini Pochette Accessoires in Monogram canvas is a delightful way to carry those essentials. It can be attached to other bags or simply carried on its own.
Large enough for me to carry my keys, fob and extras. I can attached to the "D" ring or leave free in the bag. Louis Vuitton has an purse to fulfill every need.
Warm regards,
California53

That's also a great idea!! Enjoy your new purse :smile: