Best Kept Beauty Secrets

Puritan's Pride Vit E oil 30,000 IU's. I put this over my face moisturizer in PM, whatever it might be from La Mer to Olay, and my face glows in the morning. I've used other's in the past buy none worked like this does. Love it.

Jujuma said:
Puritan's Pride Vit E oil 30,000 IU's. I put this over my face moisturizer in PM, whatever it might be from La Mer to Olay, and my face glows in the morning. I've used other's in the past buy none worked like this does. Love it.

Isnt that mad thick? Does it absorb? Ive used like half that iu and it pulls off my hair as i am smearing it on (v little)...scared me!

Bordelle said:
Isnt that mad thick? Does it absorb? Ive used like half that iu and it pulls off my hair as i am smearing it on (v little)...scared me!

Sorry just saw this. I don't know if it's the brand or what but I only use a little and it absorbs really well. I do sleep with my hair back.

Originally Posted by Bordelle

Sorry just saw this. I don't know if it's the brand or what but I only use a little and it absorbs really well. I do sleep with my hair back.
Thanks for the tips, I've struggle with vitamin E and its thickness too, That and Castor oil in my hair - just seems like the efforts of getting the castor oil out or the vitamin e oil feeling on my face wasn't workin for me.
I love to read post like this that shows other people having good luck - it gives me hope. Thanks

Face:

Baking Soda and water paste for a 10 min exfoliating mask. Skin is bright and baby soft afterwards. I don't have acne, but it helps for that too since it's anti-bacterial.

Hair:

I use my kitchen frappe mixer to blend olive oil, coconut oil and reconstructive or deep conditioner and put it in dry hair for an hour with a plastic cap and hot towel from the dryer. Afterwards I wash and condition my hair as normal and it is super soft.

Baking soda as dry shampoo. I've heard this is better than baby powder. Dust it on at night, brush it out in the morning and voila! Lovely hair! I'm on week 2 of going no 'poo and my hair is baby soft, luscious and tangle free!

I've heard unsweetened cocoa works best for dark hair but I've never tried that.

Last edited:
mizsunshyne said:
Baking soda as dry shampoo. I've heard this is better than baby powder. Dust it on at night, brush it out in the morning and voila! Lovely hair! I'm on week 2 of going no 'poo and my hair is baby soft, luscious and tangle free!

I've heard unsweetened cocoa works best for dark hair but I've never tried that.

How do you go no poo like I've read a little about it but I have dark hair, what would I do?