Best Jo Malone fragrance for gift giving

IMO, you simply cannot go wrong with any of the Jo Malone fragrances. :tup:
IDK if they still have it, but they used to have a fragrance that was "English Pear & Freesia" combined.
Tuberose Angelica is another one to consider.

Which Jo Malone scent do LV folks like/ prefer?

I posted on the Beauty thread but no one has answered my question yet so I am trying my luck here. So I am thinking of giving Jo Malone fragrances (3.4 oz) for Christmas to approximately 25 people but don't know which to give. If you can pick one, which fragrance would it be? ☺️

Reactions: gelbergirl
I'd suggest sample sets. Perfume is weird, scents react differently to each person's skin.
This is a very very good idea. Buying fragrances is like buying jeans for gifts. The chances of getting it right are... you know :biggrin:
I am crazy about English Pear, it is such a sophisticated scent. But perfumes work differently for everyone. Not to mention that since they are made up of head, heart and base accords, a scent is way different in the first 15 minutes and then 3 hours later. I would also recommend either a sample set or something completely different.

I have only tried a few of the scents by Jo Malone, but have a couple of friends who are more familiar with her fragrances. There are a variety of fragrances in her line up. If it's an option, perhaps you could give them gift cards, and have them pick the fragrance of their choice? However, if you prefer to gift a bottle, here are a few suggestions based on what I have gathered from my friends:

Wood Sage & Sea Salt, Blackberry & Bay, and Basil & Neroli.
More floral: Mimosa & Cardamom and Orange Blossom.

I agree re. perfume reacting differently to different people's skin. My favourite Jo Malone scent is the intense cologne Dark Amber and Ginger Lily.

What about home fragrance instead? I love their candles. I currently have Pomegranate Noir and Wood Sage and Sea Salt.
I agree- the candles are divine. Or try Diptyque candles- they make a very welcome gift. I find giving cologne/perfume tricky- some people cannot wear fragrance or it has to be a very particular brand/scent. It gives them a headache (like me ;).