Best jelly for layering?

May 13, 2012
I'm looking for suggestions for good jellies for layering. Usually, I steer clear of jellies, so that's why I don't know of any good ones.

Is there a specific brand that makes the best jellies?

I'm looking for teal, blue, red, or plum colored jelly polishes.

Thanks for the help!

~LC

Librarychickie said:
I'm looking for suggestions for good jellies for layering. Usually, I steer clear of jellies, so that's why I don't know of any good ones.

Thanks for the help!

~LC

The new zoyas look great for fall but I haven't tried them because they're not available to everyone yet.

Thanks for the help!

~LC

Blue - Revlon Royal
Plum - OPI Houston We Have a Purple

Hope that helps :smile:

Thanks for the help!

~LC

OPI has some good jellies, but you probably want to look at the Nfu Oh Jelly Syrup series. There is literally every colour you can imagine!

All of the New York Summer shades with "hot" in the name are jellies and are supposed to be quite good. Verity Deep Violet, Revlon Royal, Sinful Colors Ruby Red, all of the Revlon Just Tinted colors...... Also, it's SUPER easy to make jellies of your favorite cremes, start with 1/3 creme 2/3 clear and adjust to your liking!

All of the New York Summer shades with "hot" in the name are jellies and are supposed to be quite good. Verity Deep Violet, Revlon Royal, Sinful Colors Ruby Red, all of the Revlon Just Tinted colors...... Also, it's SUPER easy to make jellies of your favorite cremes, start with 1/3 creme 2/3 clear and adjust to your liking!

This. Plus Verity Red Garnet is a lovely red jelly. So is Revlon's Colorstay Velvet Rope. OPI has awesome jelly's in the Ballet collection.

Verity and New York Summer makes some very nice and cheap jellies if you can find them....I also got a cheap set of jellies at Ross, brand was called Simply Sweet and they are so nice - wish I could find another as they are minis.

I've seen a few swatches of the new Zoyas, so I would definitely like to try those. I've been stalking a couple of Ultas in my area for the new fall collection, but they still don't have them. I saw them advertised in the Sunday ad/flyer, so I was sure they'd be in the store by today. Nope. The SA told me they aren't looking to have them until the end of August/first of September. Grrrr!