Best jeans under $40?

browngirl

Mar 4, 2008
Post baby I'm totally in the market for new jeans. You would think it was because I put on some extra weight, right? But actually I weight less now than I did pre-baby...the weird thing is that the weight is in different places? Ugh.

Anyway, I need some new *ss jeans!

Not looking to spend a ton since I don't know if this new body situation is perm or not....

pellkell

O.G.
Sep 18, 2009
Old Navy,if you go to the clearence section you can find them for as low as $9.99. American Eagle has jeans for as low as $19.99.

browngirl

Mar 4, 2008
I always have trouble with Old Navy jeans. Not crazy about the material (never stretches well). Haven't tried American Eagle.

LVmom

sleepless in The Lou
O.G.
Mar 2, 2006
St.Louis
I like the Lauren Conrad line of jeans-however, they run super big so I would try them on.

pellkell

O.G.
Sep 18, 2009
I always have trouble with Old Navy jeans. Not crazy about the material (never stretches well). Haven't tried American Eagle.
Hmm then the AE might work for you. I find they have quite a bit of strech. Areopostal aslo has jeans for less then $40 that have strech to them.

Mentha

O.G.
Nov 10, 2008
express jeans, they are on the buy one get another 50% off sale lot of times, and good quality.

Sophia1025

O.G.
Aug 10, 2007
Have you tried Banana Republic? When they have sales or at the outlet, they are less than $40. They have regular and petite sizes.

Oct 29, 2006
Los Angeles
American Eagle has great fit and quality for the price. You can also check out Martin + Osa, their parent brand (which has excellent quality), which often puts their jeans on sale for around $40.

wong1234

Nov 18, 2009
I 2nd the AE and Express. :heart: them.

I haven't tried the Old Navy recently, and I agree their sizing is off.

siworae

O.G.
Jul 20, 2006
Minneapolis
as far as fit, style, and washes... i've had some luck with H&M jeans. in fact, i'm wearing a pair of skinny jeans i bought from there 2 years ago. i've worn them off and on and they still are in great condition. they were on sale for $20 at the time, although i think most pairs of jeans there are in the $40 price range, maybe some are a little bit more.

stephc005

O.G.
Aug 7, 2008
MD
i think AF jeans are great. i know it's a teeny bopper brand, but i'm obsessed with my AF jeans more so than my 7FAMs, j brand, or any other premium denim. and you can find various styles on clearance for $40 or even $30.