Best Jeans for Short, Curvy Gals?

pursemonkey

monkeyseemonkeybuy
O.G.
Jul 3, 2008
I'm 5'2" and about 115 lbs. on a good day. I've always had to have jeans hemmed to fit, but lately I've heard more about designers carrying petite fits (Joe's, Paige Premium, etc.). Anyone have recommendations on the best jeans to flatter someone petite who isn't uber-skinny? I definitely have curves, and it seems like most posts/threads I found on this subject were focused on gals who were itty-bitty. I currently own J. Brand, James, and Citizens jeans, all of which I had to have tailored. TIA for any help you can offer!!

Nov 12, 2006
I'm 4'11 and um weigh more than you do and I enjoy some of the older Rock & Republics (because my waist is bigger proportionately than others) and the older Rocks have a little more room in the waist. I also love straight legged TRs which imo, flatters us short girls...

Feb 2, 2006
I'm 5'2" and kinda curvy in my lower half, and I've had the best luck with AG Jeans (the Club cut), Sevens, and Citizens. Joe's Honeys are cut for our body type too, but I've found lately that their quality has been lacking (poor material).

pursemonkey

monkeyseemonkeybuy
O.G.
Jul 3, 2008
try Joe's Provacateur jean. The inseam is about 29". They seem to be roomier in the thighs than Seven or Citizens' "petite" jeans.

Thanks for the tip! Just got back from Nordies and found my perfect jeans in the Provocateur! I could hardly believe it when I tried them on and realized I wouldn't have to have them hemmed! Plus the overall fit is so much better since I wasn't cutting off the bottom half of the legs! Very soft and comfy, too. :yahoo:

picolo

Sep 16, 2006
I'm 5' 2" and 112lbs (been gaining weight). AG Jeans are perfect for ladies with hips and thighs that aren't too tall. I like jeans from their Stilt and Casablanca lines. The Stilts have a 30" inseam and are somewhat skinny. The Casablancas have a longer inseam but are straight-leg and may work better for girls who are leery about skinny jeans.

I also have a Paige Premium Petite Blue Heights that are 29" and needs no hemming at all. They do run a little small in the hips so do size up when you're ordering!

kara_n

Feb 7, 2008
Wow I feel really huge compared to everyone...I'm extremely curvy...and short. 5'3" and weigh 120-124 pounds (ugh..). My measurements are 36-26-38. I have such a hard time with jeans. I need a 29 or sometimes 30" inseam. Bootcut and flare jeans make me sick. I just despise the way they look . Especially on me. Jeans too wide at the bottom actually make me look fat and way shorter. Skinny jeans like J brand actually look okay but my hips just look even wider but at least I don't look 4'7" in them like bootcut does to me! I either like pretty straight legged or slouchy boycut..

I really despise shopping for jeans as you can tell! I am very bitter haha!

Does anyone else have my measurements? My bum isn't really that big, it's just my hipbones are very wide (the high hip measures like 35.5/36"). My thighs are pretty big too...21". Any suggestions...?

Sorry i didn't mean to hijack your thread ! I just thought making a new one would be silly since I have a similar question..

I've heard Joe's Honey works well but I personally don't like them...they don't appeal to me, and they look actually not good on me either! It's very confusing...

Last edited:

pursemonkey

monkeyseemonkeybuy
O.G.
Jul 3, 2008
Wow I feel really huge compared to everyone...I'm extremely curvy...and short. 5'3" and weigh 120-124 pounds (ugh..). My measurements are 36-26-38. I have such a hard time with jeans. I need a 29 or sometimes 30" inseam. Bootcut and flare jeans make me sick. I just despise the way they look . Especially on me. Jeans too wide at the bottom actually make me look fat and way shorter. Skinny jeans like J brand actually look okay but my hips just look even wider but at least I don't look 4'7" in them like bootcut does to me! I either like pretty straight legged or slouchy boycut..

I really despise shopping for jeans as you can tell! I am very bitter haha!

Does anyone else have my measurements? My bum isn't really that big, it's just my hipbones are very wide (the high hip measures like 35.5/36"). My thighs are pretty big too...21". Any suggestions...?

Sorry i didn't mean to hijack your thread ! I just thought making a new one would be silly since I have a similar question..

I've heard Joe's Honey works well but I personally don't like them...they don't appeal to me, and they look actually not good on me either! It's very confusing...

I've ranged anywhere from 100-125 and I've always been 5'2", so I totally identify. It is hard to find flattering jeans! I think my thighs and hips at their widest points are just about right where you described. I got Joe's Provocateurs today and they're great, but my SA also said Citizens now makes a petite jean as well as Sevens (which have never flattered me). At least designers are acknowledging us shorties!! I have had luck with J. Brand and James but have to have both hemmed. HTH!

eskimo*gem

Jun 18, 2007
If you have short legs (like me!) True Religion Joey's work with heels look fab. The twisted seam slims you legs, especially in dark colours.

Other than them, Seven jeans are good for a round booty like mine!

nalyn11781

Aug 17, 2007
I just received my J Brand bootcut in Ink today, I really love the fit of it. I'm not a model figured type nor neither have I long legs but this jeans fit my body just great. it's flattening my leg and my hip and make them looks long and lean. The material is so comfortable and quite strechy, I wouldn't go for one size up may be you could even go one size down if you want a fitted look. I'm really recommend this jeans for all of you who doesn't have perfect body, like me.
Another brand that I love would be Rock and Republic. Their jeans fit great but it gives sort of uncomfortable feeling sometime. The material is a bit thick, but all in all it's a great jeans.
But since I'm getting bored of those back pocket detail, I'm now into a classic simple jeans like JBrand. I just order another pair of J Brand Cigarette Leg today, can't get enough of it.

donnydp

Vanessa_CA
Jun 21, 2007
I'm 5'2, 110 lbs, I have chubby, short thighs, my favs are COH dita (for petites), Joe's provocateur, 7 FAM (they have a short inseam on this without tailoring). I also buy Old Navy Diva jeans in short length and Ann Taylor Loft in size 2 petite low rise boot cut.