Best Inventory in NYC?

tulemar

O.G.
Jun 3, 2006
I am headed to NYC for the weekend and want to check out Hermes. Which location has the best inventory for non Birkin/Kelly items. I want to pick up a new scarf ring and maybe a CDC or a shawl.
Is one location more friendly to tourists, less crowded since I will have to go on Saturday?
Also, as an aside, any new favorite places to check out by some of you locals?? I heard about a new taco place called Cascabel on Second that I want to check out.
Thanks in advance.

Wall St is friendlier but has less stock. I'd try both Madison Ave and Bergdorf Goodman for scarves/shawls. They have great selections. Prepare yourself to be ignored at Madison, but just persevere and insist on service.

Madison is not that bad. I can give you the name of a good SA there if you want to PM me.
Bergdorf has been getting very little inventory (I have been waiting a month for a particular scarf they are supposed to receive). Call the store and ask for Sara the SA at
BG in H scarf dept.

agree- madison isn't that bad in terms of friendliness. i don't know about how it is stocked compared to wall street. it is a really beautiful store and madison/ fifth ave is fun.

this should be a beautiful weekend to be in nyc. great exhibit at museum of art and design- "slash" about paper.

Last edited:
Wall st provides more personal service. I have mixed feeling for Madison. I had both bad (only a couple) and excellent service there. Madison has more wide seletion since it's much bigger store than wall st. If you have limited time and have to choose only 1 store to visit, I would certainly visit Madison over wall st.

I have had only good service at both NYC stores. They get more foot traffic at Madison, so it can be more hectic in there. Allow yourself enough time and you should be fine.

Hi, does anyone know which store in NYC will have the Kelly wallet? Are they usually available? I might be going to NYC this weekend. Totally a newbie here. TIA!!

BG has a great selection of scarves but nothing beats the Madison Ave location..

if you can get there early its always a good start to your day.. the store opens

at 10am and usually is not so crowded.. happy scarve hunting!!