best insoles?

I just bought some Dr. Scholl gel inserts - I think they are fairly new, as I have a huge box of shoe inserts (all brands). These are the best! I wore them with some boots that tend to hurt after 2 hours of continuous walking - I walked for 3.5 hours with no pain.

I was thinking of starting to buy my shoes 1/2 size up and put insoles in them. Do a lot of TPF ladies do this? What are the best insoles to buy? TiA!

I've tried that a few times and the shoes were still not that comfortable. And they were a bit floppy on my feet. Still too long in the toes and too loose in the heels. I've tried both the gel and the regular Dr. Scholl's inserts.

What's worked pretty good for me is buying the boot in a wide size and wearing thick ragwool socks. But you gotta find ragwool socks that are soft, not itchy. Ragwool provides a comfy foot cushion.

I also have a lot of Smartwool socks. They come in a wide range of weights, from thick and fluffy to thin. I have a variety in different thicknesses which I wear with different boots depending upon the sizing of the boot. Those are heavenly with boots.

Dr. Scholl's seem to work best for me with shoes in my regular size that I plan to mostly wear with bare feet or very light nylon socks.

I just bought some Dr. Scholl gel inserts - I think they are fairly new, as I have a huge box of shoe inserts (all brands). These are the best! I wore them with some boots that tend to hurt after 2 hours of continuous walking - I walked for 3.5 hours with no pain.

yes, the new Dr. Scholl's gel inserts for women are GREAT! I had a pair of boots where the footbed was hard , my feet would hurt after only walking for half an hour. Now with the inserts, I can wear the boots all day.

I like the gel inserts but sometimes I find they are too bulky and make the shoe a little tight. My friend bought me a pair of leather insoles from Europe a few years ago ( I know they are available here now) and they were great because they filled in the gap and felt comfortable too.

Yes, I have the ugg ones but they're awfully thick to fit into many things I've tried. I did use them to replace the footbed of my dakota slippers though. Going to try the Dr Scholls tri comfort and the ones for heels. Getting a new pair of burberry platform boots and I want to make them as comfy as possible so it will be more likely I keep them/get a good amount of use out of them.

i agree, i find gel insoles are too thick for most shoes i already own. I recently bought some insoles from www.stilettohardware.com and i really like them. they have memory foam on top which makes them really comfy and they have a slender version for really tight shoes. they are a bit pricey but better quality than most insoles from the drugstore.

I like the Dr. Scholls for her that Stacy London endorses. I'm a size 9 and they fit rather comfortably in my heels and boots. They really do make a difference, and they're easy to find at CVS, Walgreens, etc. Even when I worked in retail and spent long hours on my feet in heels, they held up for a long time. The best part? They're like $10 a pop! :smile: