Best Hermès Mommy Bag - Pics appreciated!

Okay so let me begin. My best mommy Hermès bag is this lindy 34 etoupe in clemence. It fits everything I need, from my essentials, snacks, and scarves/shawl to my children’s toys, knick knacks, or whatnot. Everything fits! Sometimes I wish I can say my birkin 35 is my best mommy bag but it doesn’t have the comfort and practicality the lindy has as I can and always wear it on my shoulder, especially when I need my hands free which is what I love most about the lindy. I wear it exactly how it is in this photo. However, I do close the right zip from time to time depending on the security of the place I’m at. 89A6E000-FA9F-4CAD-B24F-0EBFB6B9104C.jpeg

I just ordered a GP in ebene and Lindy is also on my list! So both of the mommy bags just in time for my second’s arrival!

Good luck and congratulations on the arrival of your second child! I was wondering though about GP as a mommy bag, I’ve heard mixed reviews about it. Some love it, some think of its practicality as a birkin. Like, it has to be carried by hand or crook of ones arm and it also tends to get heavy? What’s your take on it? Would love to know as I’m considering GP too, love the casual yet sophisticated look of the gold in 36!

• Love
Reactions: so_sofya1985
For a real true mommy bag, I have a small collection of less expensive ones to choose from. However, for quick errands or situations where I don’t need much, my Evelyne 29 is great! I wouldn’t call it a mommy bag as much as a convenient, casual, stylish, bag for quicker outings. I don’t think Hermes makes a bag that I’d personally feel comfortable using for all the nitty gritty stuff which honestly gets filled with crumbs, spills, at least if you’re an animal like myself. :yucky:

Good luck and congratulations on the arrival of your second child! I was wondering though about GP as a mommy bag, I’ve heard mixed reviews about it. Some love it, some think of its practicality as a birkin. Like, it has to be carried by hand or crook of ones arm and it also tends to get heavy? What’s your take on it? Would love to know as I’m considering GP too, love the casual yet sophisticated look of the gold in 36!
Thank you! I have no idea tbh, I will try it out and if it doesn’t work, will use it for work when I’m back from maternity leave! I was hoping to manage to wear it on the shoulder - I have seen it’s possible!
I love gold too, once I receive it I will post my opinion!

• Love
Reactions: 880 and hermesgeek

I am able to carry my GP36 easily over my shoulder and that’s how I like to carry it when I used it as my workhorse bag (for work, with a laptop in it). So at least some people can shoulder carry it. Maybe it’s not possible for everyone?

• Love
Reactions: 880 and hermesgeek
I am able to carry my GP36 easily over my shoulder and that’s how I like to carry it when I used it as my workhorse bag (for work, with a laptop in it). So at least some people can shoulder carry it. Maybe it’s not possible for everyone?

Glad to hear from someone that it could be carried on the shoulder comfortably!

Reactions: momoc
I’m afraid it’s one of those handbags that have to be filled a ton to become heavy enough to stop falling off my shoulder!
Ok we are going to do an experiment. Once I get it, I will dedicate a full day of wearing it just on the shoulder - filled and not filled to the top!
I just saw a status update it’s being shipped! Super excited!
greedy me, I saw a pico 18 appear (totally not a mom bag but whatever!) on the website and I swear within seconds it disappeared grrrrr I wanted it haha

• Love
Reactions: 880
Ok we are going to do an experiment. Once I get it, I will dedicate a full day of wearing it just on the shoulder - filled and not filled to the top!
I just saw a status update it’s being shipped! Super excited!
greedy me, I saw a pico 18 appear (totally not a mom bag but whatever!) on the website and I swear within seconds it disappeared grrrrr I wanted it haha

FUN!! Congratulations on your incoming bag!! I crave for the feeling of awaiting the arrival of any bag from Hermès!! It feels so giddy and inexplicable!! About the picotin! I know the website is crazy these days, all the good stuff are gone super fast! Lesson learned, if you see something you want, hit that add to cart button like you’ve never did before!