Carry on luggage for business trips

• LV Pegase 60

• Samsonite

• Longchamp

• Lancel

• Other (please specify!!)

Results are only viewable after voting.
echoluster said:
I love my Diane Von Furstenberg luggage, and it's perpetually on sale. There's a lot of options as far as sizes and shapes and colors and fabrics. It's not heavy at all, it's very durable, and mine is easy to clean. Highly recommended. I have a large rolling, smaller rolling, wheeled city bag, and beauty case.

I actually have one set of small rolling (though its two external pokets make it too big for cabin luggage :hysteric: ) and a shopper where I carry sometimes my laptop. I really love it, but I could only convince the stewardess not to check it in twice :rant: so it's a no-no for short trips (great for a 3/4 day one!!!)

tumi for me! i rarely carry on though, i can't be bothered to drag it around. well it depends where i'm going, it's usually helsinki and the luggage beats me to the baggage hall a lot of the time anyway.

when i have to go somewhere i usually borrow my mother's Pegase 50 which is very comfortable, not too heavy but tough and doubtless durable, sice she's had it for years and it's still perfect!!:heart:

Thanks for all the posts!! :flowers:
I am considering buying the Pegase :love: as a Christmas present (besides, I'm not keen about shopping in The Netherlands... Furthermore, I'm quite :censor: with the LV people at Amsterdam... For the second time in more than I month I'm waiting for them to confirm me the price of a SO I want to place, but apparently it's not that important because it's been two weeks since my last request and nobody contacted me back :rant: )

Anyway, in the meantime, I'll buy a nice "normal" carry on - still checking models & brands - until I get my chic one for special trips :girlsigh:

Spinners on the Samsonite are the best. Makes traveling alot easier. They now come in great colors (I want the pink).

I have four check-in Samsonite spinners, 3 in the size 30" and 1 in the size 26" and 3 out of 4 had their zippers broken within the first use. We had only gone to two airports and when we arrived at our destination, the zipper pulls were snapped. Take note these were different models of the spinners and bought at different times and stores. However, I'm still convinced that the spinners are VERY, VERY convenient and would buy them again if only for the convenience of not stressing out over my luggage while in the airports. In many occasions I see how people crane their necks and strain their arms, torsos, trying to pull a very heavy suitcase but the spinners easily glide with a slight push.

Buy something with wheels and that you don't mind getting lost. I wouldn't buy expensive luggage simply because airports lose luggage. Usually they find it but once in a while they don't. Even if it's a carry-on I've been on full flights where they make you check your carry-on luggage. For a one day trip sometimes I'll just stash everything into a large L.L Bean backpack. I also got a nice sturdy cheap rolling suitcase/carry-on on sale at ebags, and save the designer names for my handbags.