Best Handbag For Work?

clh5030

O.G.
Mar 14, 2013
Hi all,

I am looking for a handbag that I can bring to work. I work in an office setting, in a corporate 9-5 type of situation. I have the Neverfull MM and GM in Azur and Ebene and while I love them and use them all the time, I am looking for something different. I have the Fendi 2jours in Black which I LOVE, but I really would like to have 1 more bag that I can use for work. The main things in my bag are the GM agenda, 2 pochettes, a coin purse, a thin makeup/toiletry bag, and another bag for medicine. I have also gone more compact on occasions. Lastly, I would like a bag that I don't have to baby or worry about TOO much. Do you have any suggestions?

How about the louis vuitton Artsy mm? A coworker of mine has it and its a very beautiful care free bag that can look dressy or more causal depending on what your wearing. I would also recommend a prada lux tote. Chanel gst is also a good option but since you already have two neverfulls i think prada lux tote or Artsy are good choices.

How about the louis vuitton Artsy mm? A coworker of mine has it and its a very beautiful care free bag that can look dressy or more causal depending on what your wearing. I would also recommend a prada lux tote. Chanel gst is also a good option but since you already have two neverfulls i think prada lux tote or Artsy are good choices.
Thanks for the suggestions. I have considered all of the above options.. especially the prada lux tote. In your opinion, could an Alma PM be used for work?

Thanks for the suggestions. I have considered all of the above options.. especially the prada lux tote. In your opinion, could an Alma PM be used for work?

Definitely! Only issue with Alma PM is it could get heavy and it doesn't go over the shoulder. However i don't think you will have that issue since it doesn't sound like you carry a lot. Another issue is because of the dome shape of the bag it doesn't hold as much as would appear (seen from YouTube videos). Alma PM is a very nice shape and structure for an office setting so i definitely think it will suite your needs.

I have the Prada lux double zip tote and what i like about the bag is that i can carry it in reverse without the Prada logo showing when in situations when i want to be discrete (i have nosy coworkers who like to ooh and ahh and ask price etc so it helps in avoiding all that). I have heard of people having quality issues with Prada zip tote but i haven't had any so far but i rotate my bag and have only had it for 4 months.

Wow that is good advice. What I love about the epi leather is that it isn't so flashy. I have the same issue with nosy coworkers wanting to know how much things cost and then secretly or not so secretly shaming. One of my coworkers has 2 cars and a motorcycle! Does he need all 3? Of course not. But according to him, THAT is different ;p. Anyway that's neither here nor there. Thanks again for your advice!

Have you looked at Dange Dover bags? They're fairly low priced, very organized inside, coated canvas is pretty easy to care for and they hold up. My friend has had one for 2 years without signs of wear and she overstuffs her totes a lot

i recently purchased my first balenciaga especially for work, and really like it. i got the city bag. i looked at many brands and was tired of my chanel tote b/c it didn't fit items like i needed it to. the bal is lightweight, unbranded on the outside, has a large choice of colors, no special care is required, it can be smooshed up to fit into tight spaces if needed, and it has multiple strap options, so you can shoulder, arm, or even crossbody carry with a longer strap option. i bought it preloved as well, so i saved over 50% off their listed price.

I have two bags for work, the speedy b 35 in ebene and the celine luggage micro black. I would admit the celine is beautiful and not as obvious, but my speedy is my workhorse because I can fit a lot of stuff in it and still have a long strap. I love them both, and they transition from work to out and about wonderfully.

Alma PM would be a great work bag and you can get the shoulder strap too if you need to carry it over the shoulder or cross body.

I would also recommend taking a look at the Montaigne. The organization is amazing and it can be worn handheld or over the shoulder.

Wow that is good advice. What I love about the epi leather is that it isn't so flashy. I have the same issue with nosy coworkers wanting to know how much things cost and then secretly or not so secretly shaming. One of my coworkers has 2 cars and a motorcycle! Does he need all 3? Of course not. But according to him, THAT is different ;p. Anyway that's neither here nor there. Thanks again for your advice!

I completely agree! A friend of mine almost always has to have the latest tech gadgets as soon as they come out on the market! Latest iphone, mac book, smart watch etc. But of course "thats not the same". However i can retain a lot more money should i ever feel the need to sell a bag unlike a fad tech gadget that quickly becomes obsolete when the newer model comes out.