Best Halo settings?

Chanel1965

O.G.
Dec 22, 2007
I would like to have my diamond E-ring re-set in a halo setting. I love the Ritani micropave setting but I am fussy about color. I want even the small side diamonds to be D or E and I think that most of the Ritani settings are in the G range. I would love to go with the Cartier halo but I want to use my own diamond and Cartier will not do this. Does anyone know of any great quality designers with halo settings that you can supply your own diamond?? Thanks!!

The holy trifecta of micro-pave Jewelers is Leon Mege, Victor Canera, and Steven Kirsch (Leon's former understudy). Steven & Leon work out of the same building. After reading a lot about all of them on Pricescooe we decided to have my princess solitaire done in a cushion-shaped halo (think slightly bowed sides & rounded corners) in an eternity band.

We did a totally custom design in his office and I couldn't be happier! Well, actually I had insisted on an ajure (?) feature on the band which left it somewhat vulnerable and the first time I whacked it against something it bent the ring out of round & I lost a stone!!! Steven made an entirely new non-ajure band for the setting and didn't charge me a dime for the re-do! He said it would now be strong enough to race in... Here I am at the track doing exactly that!

Here's a very hasty attempt at a photo with iPhone ... ImageUploadedByPurseForum1380656635.431710.jpg

Steven Kirsch is another to look into, super nice guy, does great work.

I think you're talking about azure style. Uses less metal but does make it more vulnerable.

The holy trifecta of micro-pave Jewelers is Leon Mege, Victor Canera, and Steven Kirsch (Leon's former understudy). Steven & Leon work out of the same building. After reading a lot about all of them on Pricescooe we decided to have my princess solitaire done in a cushion-shaped halo (think slightly bowed sides & rounded corners) in an eternity band.

We did a totally custom design in his office and I couldn't be happier! Well, actually I had insisted on an ajure (?) feature on the band which left it somewhat vulnerable and the first time I whacked it against something it bent the ring out of round & I lost a stone!!! Steven made an entirely new non-ajure band for the setting and didn't charge me a dime for the re-do! He said it would now be strong enough to race in... Here I am at the track doing exactly that!

Here's a very hasty attempt at a photo with iPhone ... View attachment 2352616

Thanks so much....will definitely check out these three. And thanks for posting the picture.....Gorgeous!!

I have had something custom made by Victor Canera and can strongly recommend him. He is a very nice person and does perfect work! I would say that Steven Kirsch has made some excellent things as well. But I can no longer reoommend LM because of some very serious issues involving workmanship, ethics, and customer service.