Best hairspray for hot and humid weather??

shoegal11

O.G.
Nov 6, 2006
Hi Ladies :biggrin:

I am on a search for a good hairspray or any other products that will stand up in humid climates.I have super curly hair that i flatiron straight. I use Kiehsl olive oil line (shampoo and the deep conditioner ) as well as Morrocoan Oil. NormalLY I would use elnett or fekkai hairspray which has been fine for my Los Angles weather but when I hit a city (especially Miami and Toronto in the summer) my hair poofs out within a matter of minutes. So now I'm on a search for a stronger product that can withhold the humidty.

I am open to all products at all price ranges, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all very much in advance.

Krysta

Feb 14, 2006
Toronto
Redken 23 hairspray, it's awesome! It has a 24 hour humidty black, I spray it all over and then on a fine tooth comb that I run lightly over the top strands to stop fluffies.
I use that in combination with Redken fresh curls anti frizz shiner, it is also stops humidly. I don't wear my hair curly but the shiner from that range is super lightweight, you don't get greasy hair and it really works, I use it on damp hair before blowdrying and then half a pump on dry hair.
I've tried so many products for humidity and those are the only who that have worked for me.

I also really recommend getting this:
http://www.delineation.ca/catalog.aspx?line=179
I use it straight after I get out of the shower, you can pull your hair flat as you use it and is absorbs so much moisture it's insane, since I started using the glove my hair is way more manageable in humidity, plus it's cut my styling time in half.

Mary_Swe

Jul 31, 2008
Hi!
Do you really really need to use hairspray? When you are in a city with very humid weather it doesn´t matter how much hairspray you use. It will still get puffy. You should change your shampoo, conditioner and flat balm product instead.

shoegal11

O.G.
Nov 6, 2006
Redken 23 hairspray, it's awesome! It has a 24 hour humidty black, I spray it all over and then on a fine tooth comb that I run lightly over the top strands to stop fluffies.
I use that in combination with Redken fresh curls anti frizz shiner, it is also stops humidly. I don't wear my hair curly but the shiner from that range is super lightweight, you don't get greasy hair and it really works, I use it on damp hair before blowdrying and then half a pump on dry hair.
I've tried so many products for humidity and those are the only who that have worked for me.

I also really recommend getting this:
http://www.delineation.ca/catalog.aspx?line=179
I use it straight after I get out of the shower, you can pull your hair flat as you use it and is absorbs so much moisture it's insane, since I started using the glove my hair is way more manageable in humidity, plus it's cut my styling time in half.

Thank you very much!!! I am looking into Redken as we speak. :biggrin::biggrin:

bagshopr

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
U.S.A.
The strongest hairspray I have ever found is Umberto Beverly Hills from Target. I get the extra hold version.
My hair is naturally wavy and I like it to stay full and have some body. I also hate for my hair to move after I have sprayed it, I am that much of a hair spray junkie.

Seriously, it is super strong if that is what you are looking for.