Best gifts you have ever gotten?

islandchick

Sep 21, 2014
I figured that since we have a "worst gifts" thread that it would be nice to have a "best gifts" thread too :smile:.

My mom gave me 2 pairs of diamond earrings last year when I finished the science part of med school to celebrate that I'd never have to sit in a classroom again :smile: She also gave me an antique gold bracelet (family heirloom).

Also My BFF always sends me a GC on my birthday since we never seem to be in the same city/country on our birthdays. It means a lot to me that she thinks of me and remembers even though we may not talk as often as we would like to :smile:

What are some of the best gifts you have ever gotten? They don't have to be extravagant but just special to you :smile:

Last edited:
My in laws bought us tires for our vehicle. Although that may not be the best gift ever..It is the most recent best and much needed gift in a while.

Otherwise best gifts ever were the birth of my kids :smile:

Oh my goodness, I couldn't choose just one :love: I'm a very spoilt girl!! :blush:

Some that come immediately to mind:

- the vertical herb garden DF made for me last year at Christmas (I did a whole post on my blog :heart:)

- my Boucheron Eternelle Grace wedding band (which I don't get to wear yet but still, exciting!!)

- my beige Chanel classic flap (from DF and my mum for Christmas/birthday last year)

- every piece of jewellery my mother has ever given me

- the still life painting DF bought me for Valentine's day this year :love:

- the brilliant bright red geranium my aunt gave me when I moved into my apartment as a house-warming gift. She also very generously gave me an absolutely exquisite bonsai of japanese box.

Also, every year my younger sister gives me the same gift for Christmas/Birthday: body shop shower gel in pink grapefruit and a diptyque candle - it's the absolute perfect gift, something I just do not buy for myself as a rule :shame:

But yeah, the herb garden is def at the top of the list, we use those herbs every single day just about and it's so awesome to just be able to dash out to the balcony to grab some fresh sage or thyme :greengrin:

Last edited:
-Omega Seamaster for my high school graduation from my parents
-Tiffany pendants from DBF
-The extra money I needed to get my Chanel flap before the $500 price increase from DBF
-LV and Burberry scarves also from DBF (he spoils me!)
-All the pick me up gifts my friends got for me when I was feeling sad. All inexpensive, but the fact they had gone out and gotten them to cheer me up really made me happy.

My fiancé spoils me to no end..his generosity knows no limits and I am grateful for every gift he has ever purchased me. Aside from my dream engagement ring, I have to say the best gift I ever received from him were 2 Hermes Birkins in one day 2 weeks ago.

A wooden hair comb from my ex. It is so special to me, and I still have it, not because it is expensive (It is, for a wooden comb, it bears a famous brand), but because of the sentimental value. A boy buying a girl's hair comb to give her at the beginning of a relationship is just sweet.

My in laws bought us tires for our vehicle. Although that may not be the best gift ever..It is the most recent best and much needed gift in a while.

Otherwise best gifts ever were the birth of my kids :smile:

:happydance: When my husband and I were first married my inlaws bought us a dining room table for our first home. Not necessarily the best thing ever however it was much needed at the time. I was getting tired of dining on the floor.

lol everyone and your ritzy boys... I'm gonna move to NY and date a financier. new life plan. the best gift I've ever received is a MacBook when I was about to head to college. I was so freakin' excited.

that, and what it came with: the 200k private school tuition. that helped. a LOT. i'm grateful to my parents for the freedom debtlessness and an Ivy education affords me, every day.

Well I'm not sure these are the best gifts but dmn they were memorable.

- Long long ago, when my now exhusband and I were first dating, he knew that I loved receiving flowers. Didn't matter what kind. Just the gesture. So in our first official date (lol yes this was preceded by an unofficial one), he showed up at my front door with a bunch of roses. They were different colors and honestly what looked like in various stages of death. I swear they looked like he robbed someone's graveyard. But he had such a sweet earnest look on his face I couldn't help but let him in.

- Second most memorable gift was from an exbf (ceo). He came over to pick me up and showed up early. I was about to head up the street to get some toilet paper from the local corner store. I'm not a hoarder so I never have extra of anything. And according to him, I live like a bachelor.

Anyhow we went for dinner at a fancy sushi restaurant. After dinner he goes to the bathroom. When he comes out, he is grinning from ear to ear. I'm like "ok why are you being so wierd. What did you do?" He replies "this is how much I like you..." and proceeds to hand me a roll of toilet paper that he just stole from the restaurant's bathroom.

Yup people - half dead flowers and toilet paper are ranked as my best gifts. Lol go figure.

Well I'm not sure these are the best gifts but dmn they were memorable.

- Long long ago, when my now exhusband and I were first dating, he knew that I loved receiving flowers. Didn't matter what kind. Just the gesture. So in our first official date (lol yes this was preceded by an unofficial one), he showed up at my front door with a bunch of roses. They were different colors and honestly what looked like in various stages of death. I swear they looked like he robbed someone's graveyard. But he had such a sweet earnest look on his face I couldn't help but let him in.

- Second most memorable gift was from an exbf (ceo). He came over to pick me up and showed up early. I was about to head up the street to get some toilet paper from the local corner store. I'm not a hoarder so I never have extra of anything. And according to him, I live like a bachelor.

Anyhow we went for dinner at a fancy sushi restaurant. After dinner he goes to the bathroom. When he comes out, he is grinning from ear to ear. I'm like "ok why are you being so wierd. What did you do?" He replies "this is how much I like you..." and proceeds to hand me a roll of toilet paper that he just stole from the restaurant's bathroom.

Yup people - half dead flowers and toilet paper are ranked as my best gifts. Lol go figure.

I just ROFL!!!!!! :smile: you are too funny!