Best Frye boots for 1st time owner?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am going to check out the Ruelala sale on frye boots and have been browsing around to see what ones i might like to get. (since they are final sale, i want to be sure)
    Which one are everyone's favorite.
    I think I want black, but not set on it. I like the taller shaft style. Maybe something like the Campus or Veronica

2. The Frye black Campus boot was my first pair of Fryes. (The shorter shaft style.) I liked them so much that I also bought another pair in the Blazer Brown color - also Campus shorter shaft style. They are just a classic pair of boots!!! I wear them with jeans. However, I always have to wear knee high socks with them, otherwise, the top of the short shaft digs into the front of my leg. But, other than that, the Campus boots are very comfortable and give me also about 2 inches of height!!

3. My only Frye's are the Campus in Sundance (I think) and I love them so much that I definitely want a black pair next. They are so comfy and look great with jeans.

4. I like the Campus ones. I'm thinking do the 14L style.
    Do most Nordstrom stores carry them?
    I guess I could take a chance and order from somewhere that has free returns if necessary...

5. #5 Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
    I have the campus boots in saddle and they are amazing. I wish I could justify two pairs because I really love the dark brown too.

If you order online, I'd suggest doing it from zappos - that's where I got mine. Free shipping (and they almost always bump you up to priority), free returns, and the customer service is awesome.

6. If you order online, I'd suggest doing it from zappos - that's where I got mine. Free shipping (and they almost always bump you up to priority), free returns, and the customer service is awesome.[/quote]

I agree. I got both my dk brown and banana colored Campus boots at Zappos. They run a tad big but it was no trouble at all exchanging for the right size with Zappos.

7. thanks for your input...Now to pick the color!
    I want to get the Campus 14L, but I can't decide on Blazer Brown, dark brown or black.
    I thinking I am leaning to more of the brown family, because I do have some low heeled black tall boots already.
    It's kind of hard to tell the difference online between the 2 browns^^.
    What should I do??

8. Also, I live in Kansas and I have never seen anyone around here wear them, would I be wasting my $$ getting these? Could I justify wearing them enough?

9. Ok, I finally ordered the Black Campus 14L from Zappos. Can't wait to get them...even getting free overnight!
    Hope they work out. :smile:

10. I have been considering these as well. I would love to know what you think, heavy, comfy... Good luck!

11. Good choice :tup:

12. did the boots come?
    How do you like them?
    I love mine in Saddle :heart:
    I'm working on stretching them out a bit though...