Best Foundation for Photography

J`adore LV

May 20, 2009
Hi y'all!

I recently took pictures and noticed that I had a white cast on my face. I was using MUFE HD foundation and MAC's Studio Fix powder foundation to set it for more coverage. I do love the MUFE HD foundation, but I find that it's finish isn't that great for my very oily skin, even with primer underneath because I become shiny very quickly.

Does anyone have any recommendations for foundation that's good for photography?

Thanks!

the white cast is 100% because of MAC's studio fix. I love studio fix and have been wearing it for years, but it does do this. so annoying. when i use NARS loose powder, the pictures dont come out like this. maybe someone else can give a solution, i so love the way studio fix leaves my face looking so airbrushed...maybe a bronzer on top?
also, i've tried using bare minerals matteas finishing powder, works pretty well, i just dont like the idea of "foundation on top of foundation"

Any foundation with low to no SPF should be good for photography. SPF reflects light and causes that white cast. Or you could keep using the MUFE HD and just use a different powder.

Any foundation with low to no SPF should be good for photography. SPF reflects light and causes that white cast. Or you could keep using the MUFE HD and just use a different powder.
^ yup this is it. My friend who's a wedding photog always recommends to the bride to not wear foundation w/ spf...it can be edited out in HIS photos, but people who take with their normal cameras will show a white cast on anyone who's wearing heavier make up with spf in it.

Is this always the case? My makeup allegedly has SPF 15, but I don't get that problem . . . I wonder if that means the SPF is not really effective . . . :wondering

Revlon photo ready foundation is GREAT for photos, hence the name. LOL Its not over the top expensive either, its really affordable at 10 bucks per bottle at Walmart. It works for me. If you don't like it(although I think you will), at least its worth a try for 10 dollars. One down side is its not going to last all day without reapplication, 3.5 to 5 hours is about max wear you will get out of it without reapplying.