Best Foundation for 55 and Over - Fair but Senstive Skin

noshoepolish

Labrador Lover
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
I have what most cosmetologists consider perfect skin. Fair. I have been using Smashbox Halo but they stopped making it. Now that I am 56 I am thinking I might need to change brands. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Willing to spend around $50 - hopefully less. I know if I go in the store I will get bombarded and end up with whomever grabs my attention. Not sure if I should just go to the Smashbox counter.

Want a liquid that rips easy to get out of the container with minimal waste. I know I should use a brush or fingers but I tend to use a sponge.

I break out with any oil of Olay type product. Not sure what ingredient affects me like that.

Thanks.

I got the NARS All Day Luminous in Sante Fe. I had a sample in Fuji and went in to Nordstrom today to have a rep put some on to make sure the color is right.

Will try it when my Smashbox runs out.

Thanks everyone. I will keep the others in mind if I don't like this one.

Reactions: kirsten
I'm not 55, but I have have SUPER dry skin that dehydrates and wrinkles if I so much as look at it funny. I loved the old YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat, but the new formula doesn't seem as hydrating--may be worth giving a shot though. Other favorites that sit well on my dry, wrinkle-prone skin:
Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer (but it has this citrus smell that reminds me of summer and sunscreen and for some reason that really bothers me...it's not stinky, just annoying)
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk (although this is more watery so it doesn't feel as "cushy" on the skin)
Guerlain Lingerie de Peau BB cream (this gives me the most amazing finish--but downside: it is definitely a BB in that it has a thick creamy texture)

Misting my face with a facial spray after applying foundation, as well as mixing in a few drops of Josie Maran argan oil into the foundation itself, seem to keep my face happy and hydrated.

Reactions: noshoepolish
Bobbi Brown is really cool. It has a full color range and all different coverage.

Other than foundation, I find the right brush helps a lot too. I recommend Artis brushes, you can go to any major department store to try it out!

[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]