best eyeliner for beginner?

babydollqueen

Oct 29, 2006
Hi everyone! i really wanna start putting eyeliner, i have never bothered as i thought it was too much hassle. But now im ready to try:P , can anyone recommend which is the easiest? i have had a friend put the bobbi brown gel eyeliner on me, and i think that looks gd, but have no idea how easy it is to apply:s

mine would be the LOVELY powerpoint eyeliner from MAC. the best eyeliner i have ever tried.. and i am always a bigginer!! it works amazingly great and the colors are TO DIE FOR! i have the dark blue one (forgot its name) and a pistachio one (i think its name is: so jade) and black and purple too :smile:

for the bobbi brown gel eyeliner, you gotta dip in the eyeliner brush into the pot. then you just lightly paint it onto the top and/or bottom or both of the eye.

I agree with noshoepolish. A pencil will be easier to control, while you get the hang of things.

If you are very fair skinned, with light hair, etc choose a medium brown or taupe color that will enhance without looking "made up."

If you are a dark-eyed brunette, navy or even royal blue will not only be less "harsh" than black, but make your eyes look wonderful!

[vogue];1176621 said:
for the bobbi brown gel eyeliner, you gotta dip in the eyeliner brush into the pot. then you just lightly paint it onto the top and/or bottom or both of the eye.

mac makes a gel eyeliner tooo and its realllly easy to use

Hi everyone! i really wanna start putting eyeliner, i have never bothered as i thought it was too much hassle. But now im ready to try:P , can anyone recommend which is the easiest? i have had a friend put the bobbi brown gel eyeliner on me, and i think that looks gd, but have no idea how easy it is to apply:s
it depends what kind of eyeliner you want..for instance..gel or liquid or marker form etc..its probably best starting with a drug store product..it can help u determine which type of product you like and you won't be wasting loads of money!

Yep pencil is easiest and you can smoke it out and set it with eyeshadow on top. Second easiest is a cream or gel eyeliner (like Clinique, Bobbi brown or Mac like others suggested). Hardest for me is liquid

I personally don’t like gel liners. I couldn’t do a winged eyeliner properly with them, and they dry out pretty quickly.

If you’re looking to get a pencil, get one that is retractable or mechanical. They don’t need to be sharpened. They are the kinds that you twist to get the pencil out, so you will have a sharp liner every time. Maybelline makes a great one.

I also like Eye Marker by NYX. It’s designed like a felt tip marker, as the name suggests. It does a great job at drawing sharp, crisp lines.