Best excuses from sellers on ebay (haha!)

Just a update on my ebay purchase.
I wanted to open a request in EBay about my wallet issue. Its not even showing on my purchase list. I made the offer and it was showing pending seller response even after I made the payment. As he send me email about the offer. So, anyway I went to PayPal and open a dispute claim and it said seller is not able to respond to my email and PayPal suggested to escalade the claim and I did that. The seller has removed his other add too. Now I feel like a Idiot. I don't know whether I'm going to get refund or not and how long its going to take to resolve this issue. I hope by sharing my experience ,may be I can help other's who are new to ebay and trying to buy from there. I saw same wallet that I want in EBay and now I'm too scared to even think about that. I really like that LV MC zippy wallet and I was so excited about my purchase. Oh well all this work for nothing and caused me stress.
If you did it off ebay, why would you think you could open a dispute in ebay? Since you escalated in Paypal and the seller never shipped, you should have no trouble getting a refund, provided you sent the money for goods or services, not friends and family.

If you did it off ebay, why would you think you could open a dispute in ebay? Since you escalated in Paypal and the seller never shipped, you should have no trouble getting a refund, provided you sent the money for goods or services, not friends and family.
You know what, as m New to eBay and I don't know how purchasing works. He send me email and asked me to pay thru PayPal and I thought that how it works. I actually thought that I did everything thru EBay. But when I went to open the request than I realize that I didn't buy thru ebay as in my purchase history, my purchase was not showing. After that I went to PayPal.

I came close to using the hospital excuse this week. No lie, I was in the emergency room getting my broken nose examined when a buyer did a BIN. Thanks to the magic of painkillers, I was able to stagger down those same front steps and to the mailbox on the corner the next morning. It was a close thing though.

Many years ago it WAS me. I was in a serious accident one night and broke several bones was in hospital two weeks. This was before internet was on phones too. From my hospital bed I had to write instructions for my husband on where to find the payment, the address, the item etc for an auction that finished the morning after the accident.
Sellers who use these excuses make it impossible for the rest of us to use them legitimately so because I knew I wouldn't be believed, I made it happen and hoped he got it right!!!

Reactions: restricter
Many years ago it WAS me. I was in a serious accident one night and broke several bones was in hospital two weeks. This was before internet was on phones too. From my hospital bed I had to write instructions for my husband on where to find the payment, the address, the item etc for an auction that finished the morning after the accident.
Sellers who use these excuses make it impossible for the rest of us to use them legitimately so because I knew I wouldn't be believed, I made it happen and hoped he got it right!!!
I was skeptical but I thought what if that true and I was being unreasonable. That's why I waited for 2 days and than I was like seriously something is fishy and not right. I don't know how some people can take advantage of other people and scammed them and not feel guilty in doing so.

Just a update on my ebay purchase.
I wanted to open a request in EBay about my wallet issue. Its not even showing on my purchase list. I made the offer and it was showing pending seller response even after I made the payment. As he send me email about the offer. So, anyway I went to PayPal and open a dispute claim and it said seller is not able to respond to my email and PayPal suggested to escalade the claim and I did that. The seller has removed his other add too. Now I feel like a Idiot. I don't know whether I'm going to get refund or not and how long its going to take to resolve this issue. I hope by sharing my experience ,may be I can help other's who are new to ebay and trying to buy from there. I saw same wallet that I want in EBay and now I'm too scared to even think about that. I really like that LV MC zippy wallet and I was so excited about my purchase. Oh well all this work for nothing and caused me stress.
Latest update on my LV wallet purchase gone wrong.
So finally I got my refund thru PP. It took almost 2 weeks for the whole process after making payment and getting my refund. I'm happy that I got my money back. As usual I was checking eBay and I noticed that same wallet is up again with ofcourse different seller ID and I was like seriously. He is trying to scam others. I reported him to eBay and they will investigate this seller. Now I was wondering why is he doing this again. I got my refund and I was wondering did he make any money from it. The money which I got is that money refunded from his account or did that came from PayPal. If that came from PP than obviously he benefited from that. If not, why?