Best Designer Espadrilles?

Jul 26, 2013
Hi all! I would like to buy another pair of espadrilles. Which designer brands do you recommend? I currently have the Chanel ones so I prefer to try another brand (I had some fraying issues with my Chanel ones). I was eying Tory Burch and Gucci but would love to get some advice about the most comfortable high quality ones you ladies love! Thanks!

Hi all! I would like to buy another pair of espadrilles. Which designer brands do you recommend? I currently have the Chanel ones so I prefer to try another brand (I had some fraying issues with my Chanel ones). I was eying Tory Burch and Gucci but would love to get some advice about the most comfortable high quality ones you ladies love! Thanks!

I probably shouldn't post since I don't wear designer espadrilles but:
With respect to all and to those that can basically purchase throw away $1000 footwear, there is no best espadrille as far as wearability and comfort goes. Buy the one you like best but make sure that they're made in Spain which is where the best espadrille factories are and where the Italian made luxury lines outsource their espadrille production. The crazy variance in price is due to each specific luxury label itself and if the upper is leather and also leather lined or if it is made from the traditional cotton. The defining element of an espadrille is the rope bottom (which is made from grass) and it doesn't matter whose it is-they're all going to fray which is the nature of a peasant style that was designed to be disposable.

In my humble opinion the best espadrilles are from Castaner which always was the top espadrille factory in Spain and the company I always wore. They were the factory that all the designers outsourced to in the past when I was still working although I've no idea who everyone is using now. If my memory is correct, the first "designer" espadrilles go back to the 60s when YSL started working with them.

With respect to all and to those that can basically purchase throw away $1000 footwear, there is no best espadrille as far as wearability and comfort goes. Buy the one you like best but make sure that they're made in Spain which is where the best espadrille factories are and where the Italian made luxury lines outsource their espadrille production. The crazy variance in price is due to each specific luxury label itself and if the upper is leather and also leather lined or if it is made from the traditional cotton. The defining element of an espadrille is the rope bottom (which is made from grass) and it doesn't matter whose it is-they're all going to fray which is the nature of a peasant style that was designed to be disposable.

In my humble opinion the best espadrilles are from Castaner which always was the top espadrille factory in Spain and the company I always wore. They were the factory that all the designers outsourced to in the past when I was still working although I've no idea who everyone is using now. If my memory is correct, the first "designer" espadrilles go back to the 60s when YSL started working with them.

Great response! I didn't know all of that. I will definitely check out Castaner!! Thanks!

Just bought valentino rockstud espadrilles and they're flattering and comfy, highly recommend trying on a pair.

Thanks! I will. I have lots of Valentino shoes and love them, but haven't tried their espadrilles. Just don't know if I should spend too much on them since I feel that espadrilles wear out faster than regular shoes. [emoji848]

Thanks! I will. I have lots of Valentino shoes and love them, but haven't tried their espadrilles. Just don't know if I should spend too much on them since I feel that espadrilles wear out faster than regular shoes. [emoji848]
True, but I plan on wearing them for pool parties and picnics and not walking around the city. For more affordable option, I own Vince espadrilles and wouldnt hesitate recommending the suraya or stefania styles.