Best dance scene in a movie?

Gosh - well as an ex ballet dancer (although I did everything Tap, Jazz etc etc) its really really difficult for me to pick anything.

How do you choose between all of Fred & Ginger, Singing in the rain, all the old Judi Gardland musicals, Grease (my absolute favourite movie of all time!), Dirty Dancing etc etc

Anyway, I would have to say that the funniest has got to be Stepping Out (why isn't that movie on DVD!!!?) when he finally gets his Wings right!!

Best for moves - Patrick's bit up the aisle in the last dance of Dirty Dancing - OOOOOOH those hips!! Bring it on!!!

Sheer Class - Fred & Ginger in anything, probably Top Hat is my favourite!

Most Clever - Gene Kelly and Jerry Mouse in Anchors Away (I think?)

I could go on and on so I think I'll stop there.

This one is easy for me!! Out of all the dance scenes in so many movies that I have seen none has made me laugh so hard the way American Wedding did!

When Stifler goes to the gay bar with the guys looking for the dress maker for his fiance and Steve get's into a little spliff with a guy because he said everyone wants him and the gay guy told him no one wants him. The part where Stifler starts dancing to the song "Sweet Dreams are made of these" Oh man, that was so hilarious!!! Thinking about it still makes me laugh!

At the beginning of BASEketball, a football player scores a touchdown and does a touchdown dance. At some point, his other players join him and it turns into a Riverdance type of thing. It was funny.

I also loved the high kicks in the Knights of the Round Table number from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

...did we get the audition scene in Flashdance?

Saturday night fever and Grease all the way through!

Risky Business (Tom Cruise in skivvies)

and maybe not an all time best scene, but the scene in FAO Schwartz in 'big' with the foot piano was super cute.

.and maybe not an all time best scene, but the scene in FAO Schwartz in 'big' with the foot piano was super cute.

^ITA - who can forget that?

I'm going to mention an unconventional one. In the movie The Horse Whisperer the country/slow dance between Robert Redford and Kristin Scott Thomas.

I didn't think there was much chemistry between them until that scene. I don't know why but I like it and the song "A soft place to fall" by Allison Moorer. And I'm not even a country fan.

My fave is definitely the modern dance class in Centre Stage.

But I have to admit I haven't seen a lot of the other movies that people mentioned - think I have some catching up to do!